RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All!
i'm a street bike guy - gotten married - to a none streetbike wife. i was looking for an answer to the 'what is comfortable (and powerful) for two riders but will let me enjoy some twisties by myself' question when the Warrior answered up. i've got 20K+ miles on an F2 & R1 over the last ten years but look forward to a performance cruiser. i think the Midnight is exactly what i want. now the question is to go used and save some $ or new and get the warranty. is the factory warranty transferrable? what is the regular warranty? hope to learn a lot over the years and pass on what i learn to others. out here, nate

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Welcome Nate. I say you should same some money and go used. I got my 02 used with 3031 miles in Sept. '05. The only problems I've ever had are issues with recalls. Other than that, my bike has never been to the dealer for any problems. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I've seen bikes advertized for sale with transferable warranties. If you buy new you will probably start spending additional bucks on mods. If you buy used you will probably have some of the initial mods done, plus the money you saved will get you started on the mods you will want to add.
To make the bike comfy for the passenger (and the rider by ther way) you will want a different seat. I've got a Mustang and it is great. Your wife will also appreciate lowered passenger pegs, Yamaha makes that kit. And she will probably wants a sissy bar too, I have the MC Enteprise. There are other optins, but my configuration allows me to ride comfortably for long distances (550 miles in one day) plus my wife likes to ride too.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome and I would go used. Save yourself some serious $$ for other things. (mods) I picked up my 05 this year with only 2200 miles and it had PCIII, V&H Pro pipe, Corbin rumble seat and a couple other things, bought it from a dealer for $9,000. Pretty good deal to me. From one R1 owner to another you will love this bike!! Not the top end but more than enough torque to put an ear to ear grin on your face that never gets old.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome aboard Safenate, ditto-2-it. I bought a new one and if I had the patience to wait for the right used one, I would have, there were none available at the time. A few days ago I saw an excellent value on this site with only a few hundred miles on it and a couple thousand $$ worth of mods. Check e-bay too. Whichever way u go, new or used, u will GO and just keep on going /emoticons/emotion-1.gif. I'm on vacation in Fl, from NY, and I've ben having dreams (dry /emoticons/emotion-1.gif)))) of my Warrior. I dare say you'll fall in love with her! Best of luck!

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Buy used for sure but save some of that money for a good twin seat if you're gonna be taking your other half around. A stock Warrior is not very passanger friendly. Welcome to the family.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. i'm looking at a $1000-1500 difference (new & used) and wonder if it is worth the warranty. Has anyone had warranty work done? Is the factory warranty transferrable? i'll have a midnight within 2 weeks, can't wait any longer. Keep the suggestions coming. Ride on!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Welcome, Nate. If you're only saving 1000-1500, might as well go new. I went used, but was shopping for a while before a lightly used stock 03 came on the market. Seat was my first mod as the stocker bl**s. Next up is probably a sissy bar so I can strap on some camping gear. Will eventually lose the "water heater", but just not a big enough issue so far to make it a higher priority.

·
Registered
395 Posts
great choice of a power cruiser, the warrior is the champion of ama also. just a little something incase ya didn't know it makes you ride with your chest a little higher. welcome home

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
I got mine used and the factory warantee was automatically transfered, extended warantee is not worth it IMHO. I got it with 1200 miles on it and a few mods done, saved me some mod money

1 - 18 of 18 Posts