RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My name is Terry. I am a recent owner of a 2007 Warrior. My dad had the bike before I did but he was shot and killed September 5th and the bike was left to me, hence the reason for my screen name. I'd like to just take a quick moment and say thanks to everyone I've already talked to on this forum. You've all been a plethora of knowledge about this bike. Since I got this bike it's been my personal mission to do EVERY upgrade that my dad always dreamed about doing but couldn't afford to do. I've upgraded to the drag bars, a fender eliminator, the shogun pipes and the MAF has been flashed. I've also got the the clear alternative(smoke) LED integrated rear tail light. Traditionally I've always been a crotch rocket guy. My last bike was an Aprilia Mille RSV1000. In June I was hit by a hit and run driver and shattered my collar bone, broke my foot and **** near died. Had it not been for good head gear and a passerby I'd not be here to write this post. Since getting the warrior I've found myself turning into an entirely different breed of bike rider. I absolutely love this bike. I NEVER knew what I was missing. Just the sheer pleasure of this bike and the fact that my fiance and I can enjoy it so much more has actually brought she and I closer. I just wanted to put my first real post out there and say THANKS. I've got a list of mods that dad wanted to do and I really do appreciate the info that I've gotten from everyone. Thank you all very much. My mom seeing this bike grow and change has really helped her to get thru this as well. The only thing dad loved as much as her and maybe even a little more..lol..was this bike...With all of your help this bike has turned into something that's helped my family cope with this tragic loss and joining this forum is the best thing I could have done to facilitate that. Thank you all very much.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I am glad that you all have been able to heal,and if your fiance enjoysmotorcycles get her involved in your local Star Chapter, Ladies of Star. Mods never stop so just be ready to not even wanting to open your wallet.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hi Terry. Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your Dad. I also live in the Tampa area. Hit me up. We'll go ride!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome to the 4m Terry. It sounds like you've had a run of bad luck. Hopefully that has been changing! Enjoy the ride and be safe.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Hi Terry!

That's quite the tribute to your Dad. Sounds like you are very proud of him! maybe when you are ready you can share a little more about who he was and about his service to our country. I assume he wasn't a member of this site? or we'd of heard about him before now.

Just the same welcome to the forum. Keep you Dad's spirit alive everyday Terry.

Gary C

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow, amazing story Terry. What a great way to remember and honor your father. I second gchalifo in saying I think we'd all like to learn more about him. Welcome to the forum. I too am a newbie and have been getting my list together and this site can answer every question you can think of.

·
Registered
890 Posts
You have had quite the year. I am glad to hear that you recovered from your accident. Welcome to another type of family.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts