RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started lurking on the board a while ago, have been looking at used warriors for a few months. Went to the local dealer sunday to get pricing on leftovers and went to another dealer today to price shop. He gave me one of those "whats it going to take to get you on one today" routines...long story short bought a midnight today! Haven't told the wife yet, no balls! She wouldn't say anything if I got rid of the CBR1000, but I can't part with it. For now I am leaving it in my sons garage with his other 4 bikes. Been looking at everybody's mods, this site reminds me of the ZRX Board (had a 2000 ZRX1100)great info and input and LOTS of mods. My thought is first and foremost to get rid of the exhaust and change the handlebar to a drag bar. I did a search for both and have looked at pictures of different setups. Any input is greatly appreciated. My first long ride(three hours)will be to daytona for Bike week (My son is racing his Thruxton Monday and Tuesday). If anyone is going to be there then I'd like to meet.So whats the consensus on the exhaust and what do I have to spend to get a 240 kit? Also, has there been a "what did you pay otd" post?
Anyway, I am looking forward to the madness.
Mo

·
Registered
186 Posts
Congrats, and welcome to the forum. There has been an OTD post, but if your asking you must have gotten a good price. So, how much?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
You have arrived at this forum with the right attitude. Now get your Warrior and show us what your doing to it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
welcome, i was just thinking though if the son has balls enough to help you hide the bike from your wife(his mother?) maybe he has balls big enough to ask her if he can borrow your balls so you can ride it to your house and show her you had big enough balls to take the heat she is going to throw at you until you show her the diamonds you bought her in hopes of getting to keep your balls. just kiding congrats.(did i mention balls)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Welcome to the forum and balls has nothing to do with it. TIMING is everything. And alittle lieing on the great deal you got. Good luck with both the Warrior and the wife.

·
Administrator
28,953 Posts
Welcome Mo! Its a madness alright, but the good kind!

quote:Originally posted by Foxland

My thought is first and foremost to get rid of the exhaust and change the handlebar to a drag bar. I did a search for both and have looked at pictures of different setups. Any input is greatly appreciated. My first long ride(three hours)will be to daytona for Bike week (My son is racing his Thruxton Monday and Tuesday). If anyone is going to be there then I'd like to meet.So whats the consensus on the exhaust and what do I have to spend to get a 240 kit? Also, has there been a "what did you pay otd" post?
Anyway, I am looking forward to the madness.
Mo

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Welcome Mo, and congrats on your bike.

With exhaust, people's tastes are so different, and there are so many on the market, it really depends on what your tastes are. If you are looking for performance, you'll want to choose from ProPipe, Bigshots, Speed Star, Muzzy's 2-1, Rineharts. If you are looking for sound, then you will probably want to go with any of the 2-2 pipes, such as Samsons, Hard Krome. It all depends on what you are looking for in an exhaust.

As far as drag bars go, are you going to internally wire? If not, there is the Yamaha TT Bars. If you are going to wire internally, there are so many bars out there. There's the Baron's Radius bars, and Milwaulkee Twins bars. If you want a big bar, Carlini's and Cruiser Performance make 1.5" diameter bars.

And the 240 kit from one of the site vendors will run about $1200 - $1500 for stock finish, and more for chrome. If you feel up to it, you can cut your costs and Do Your own 240 kit, like myself and quite a few others on the forum have. Just have your stock wheel widened to 18 x 8.5 inches, up from 17 x 5.5 inches, and remove some material from the swingarm. Do this at your own risk.

Anyway, welcome again and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the 4um. There will be a lot of Warrior riders from this site in Daytona, at least on the 10th. Just keep an eye on this forum and you will see the thread about it.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard! I'ld have to agree on the first 2 mods, but like others have said, individual preferrences differ. Good luck on the decission!

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Welcome to the forum. RaySDF250 has given you alot of info so there is no need to add to that untill you have more questions, when they do come will be glad to help out any that I can.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Welcome! You're in big trouble. If you don't have the balls to tell her about the bike, then you'll be in really deep doo doo when you start spending $$$$ on all the mods!!!! lol.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts