RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Burt Q. I have been lurking around the forum for a few years. Didn't join earlier because by the time I thought I had something worthwhile to offer it had been discussed several times and led at least 2 disagreements.
lol!! Anyways,I started riding way back in the mid sixties with a 50 cc Bridgestone and then moved up to 441 BSA Victor, I kept this bike for a few years, then sold it as job, home and family required more attention. I always knew that one day I would own another bike when my life calmed down a little bit. Then things came together in 2003 or so and I bought a 2001 Honda Shadow 1100. Pretty pleased with this bike until I saw a 2004 Warrior, had to have it. Bought the Warrior and it was love from first ride!! A few months later my son bought a 2005 FJR1300. Great, now I had a riding partner. Everything was great until I lost my son following emergency cardiac surgery in December 2007 leaving a wife and a six year daughter. I felt like everything I had worked for in my life had been taken from me. After six or so months, I was afraid that his wife would get rid of his motorcycle before I could make her an offer for it. Much to my surprise my wife made anoffer on thebike and gave it to me last Father'sDay. I love both bikes even though they are so different. Anyways, that's my motorcycling background.

On a more personal level, I am 63 years old, soon to be unemployed (involuntarily), and live in lower-slower Delaware (West). Hope to be able to meet some of you guys at some of the East Coast events.

Burt Q

·
Registered
33 Posts
May God Bless You, Your Son's Family and Your Family... You will be in my prayers..... And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Very sad news on your son, truely sorry to hear that for you and your family and at such a young age. Very glad you decided to join as a posting member though. Congratz on to great bikes.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome Burt Q, sorry to hear of your great loss. I hope that your employment situation changes for the better soon.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Welcome. Sorry about your son and job. At least you have more time to ride his bike in tribute.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Alot of our worst nightmares.. Sorry for your loss, no words can describe I am sure. Welcome to the orum. Never fear a question on this forum. Search feature currently sucks..

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
Hey burt; welcome to the 4m. I am so sorry about the loss of your son, I know he was more than a riding buddy. Hope this site brings you much enjoyment.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts