RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am new to the warrior scene. Just wanted to say hi and say that I have already learned alot about my bike from this site. I have been riding sport bikes for the past five years, and decided to trade sides about six months ago. I do have an exhaust question for anyone who can answer it. I am looking to get an aftermarket on for my 05 midnight but am curious how it will run without a chip or power commander? Also where is a good place to find a custom looking one?
Thanks all, and hope to keep in touch in the future.

Insert Image:

5.55KB

Insert Image:

4.26KB

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Welcome Debo , .
A power commander is not necessary , just adjust the ECU and take a look in the venders forum and member dicount section for after market pipes. Phats is a great place to start and thier customer service is #1

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Welcome to the site Debo. You can easily have custom pipes made for your Warrior if you like as I did, just find a local fabricator and let them know what you want. There are guys on the site that make pipes also and there's some pretty good aftermarket stuff out there too, have a look around the classifieds & the forums for info.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Debo,

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new Midnight Warrior...Well...May be it's not new, but it's new to you...

I also own an 05' Midnight Warrior...You're going to love it once you mod her like you want. Not saying that you don't probably love her now...[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

As for the exhaust I'd just go with an aftermarket pipe...Samson has some pretty nice pipes...I have the Samson Short Slashers on my Warrior. And personally I think they make the bike look good...They sound good too...

You really don't need a Power Commander, but I would recommend one since it makes it so much easier to tune the bike.

Anyway welcome to the forums again and be proud that you're an official member of the exclusive Midnight Club, as well![/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

MIDNIGHT WARRIORS RULE!!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I ran my bike with Vance and Himes BigShots. The bike ran fine with the exception of considerable amount of backfires. I installed a Power Commander III with a map from DynoJet and the bike ran much better, it had more throttle, ran much smoother and the backfires almost disappeared. You may not need the PCIII, but it is well worth it. Plus my bike was ready for the next mod the Churchkey VBAK. After installing the VBAK I remapped the PCIII. My bike is running great.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
You can run the aftermarket pipes without the PCIII they will back fire some until you remove the AIS.
Now when you start getting in to modding the intake that's a different story.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts