RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,finally I have my warrior. I just upgraded from virago 1100.(the virago is for sale, check the category) It's cool !!![8D]My wife ask ,what I won for
Christmas so I pick rear tire kit .Question is 240 or 260 and which company?

MADE IN ****!

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Congrats on your bike, and welcome to the forum. If you are going with a phatty, I'd go with one of our site sponsors. They all offer quality kits and great customer service. They are, in no particular order, Performance Edge, Cycle Image, G&S Cycles, and I believe BMS is a site sponsor as well. As far as 240 or 260, if you want to go as wide as you can and still fit under the stock fender, then go with the 260. If you want that fat ass look, but want to save a little, then go with the 240. Hope that helps.

Ray

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have the 240 chrome kit from cycleimage. Did all the work myself. Fairly simple. If I was to do it again I'd check out each of them for the best price and who has it in stock and ready to ship (unless your in no rush).Performance edge has the black chrome which is something that may interest you if you have the midnight edition. I'm not positive but I think the 240 offers the best performance (next to stock). I know I can turn the corners fairly well with it (without scrapeing the pegs). The 260 is'nt much wider, maybe not even an inch , not positive but maybe 7/8" wider. I can compliment from my experience with Reza at cycleimage. Gives some nice reductions in prices when you buy alittle more. Also I had a chrome belt guard that started to peel and he replaced it no questions asked and even paid the shipping. He also has some awesome end-cap covers in chrome for the swingarm. They(all the suppiers) are all pretty much the same in quality I would think. Ps, I envy you , what an awesome wife. I wish I could get my wife to buy me something for my bike. Heck, I'd be happy with the chrome gas cap. Good luck

1 - 20 of 30 Posts