I snapped a few pics over lunch today. These are the first pics with my new grips, painted "102",shaved motor mount,& new mirror (I need the adapter for the left side). Not the best pics but they are something.
Can you post a pic of the "102" paint job. A direct side shot that includes the entire motor and tank. It really looks good from the pics you've posted but I'd just like confirmation before I do this mod. I have a Midnite as well and haven't been able to decide but your pics are REALLY making me lean toward doing this to my sled.
Thanks in advance!
By the way, what kind of bars are those? They have a "pull you forward" look to them. Nice!
Thanks for the comments guys. I will try to answer all the questions.
- I did all the work on the seat, it is a stock '05 seat shaved down and re-covered withtooled leather and hand laced.
- I will get a close up of the painted "102"
- I like the SS black brake lines idea!
- The fender bolts will be painted this weekend! Good eye, I never really noticed it until you pointed it out.
- The mirrors are the short stem ones I wanted to keep them as tight to the bars as possible
- The bars are Bomber bars from Barons.
- As far as what is next, I have a 240 metz waiting in the basement, and I have plans for the tins to get changed out. Hopefully by spring time it will look like adifferent bike. (with the exception of the color, a midnight can't be anything but black!)
Thanks Duke, I was debating on going through one of the vendors but I think I can save some coil bysending the wheel direct to Kosman and having a local shop powdercoat the wheel. I will be doing my own swingarm.
A forum community dedicated to Yamaha Road Star Warrior motorcycle owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, modifications, and more!