RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I snapped a few pics over lunch today. These are the first pics with my new grips, painted "102",shaved motor mount,& new mirror (I need the adapter for the left side). Not the best pics but they are something.

·
Registered
664 Posts
****, that bike is very tiz-ight! Who did your seat by the way? The mirrors go great with the overall scheme of the bike as well. Well done? So the only ???? is....whatcha gonna do next?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Can you post a pic of the "102" paint job. A direct side shot that includes the entire motor and tank. It really looks good from the pics you've posted but I'd just like confirmation before I do this mod. I have a Midnite as well and haven't been able to decide but your pics are REALLY making me lean toward doing this to my sled.

Thanks in advance!

By the way, what kind of bars are those? They have a "pull you forward" look to them. Nice!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
cyberdon said:
So the only ???? is....whatcha gonna do next?

Very nice indeed....love the seat.....I'd say some all black SS brake lines from Spiegler or Galfer are in order.

·
Registered
926 Posts
drop dead gorgeous!

You have been busy. I want the AIS/BAK, Red 102 and some of the other mods too.

I recommend you black out the fender bolts (cheap mod) but even if you dont, thats a great job you did.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
He did his own seat cuz he's a bada$$! BTW, I'm almost ready to send you my extra seat. That reminds me, Time to kill my painter.

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
I like those mirror's also.I'm looking at the same ones. Are those the long stem ones or the shorter ones? I'm trying to keep the mirrors even at the ends of my grips. Thanks.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. I will try to answer all the questions.

- I did all the work on the seat, it is a stock '05 seat shaved down and re-covered withtooled leather and hand laced.

- I will get a close up of the painted "102"

- I like the SS black brake lines idea!

- The fender bolts will be painted this weekend! Good eye, I never really noticed it until you pointed it out.

- The mirrors are the short stem ones I wanted to keep them as tight to the bars as possible

- The bars are Bomber bars from Barons.

- As far as what is next, I have a 240 metz waiting in the basement, and I have plans for the tins to get changed out. Hopefully by spring time it will look like adifferent bike. (with the exception of the color, a midnight can't be anything but black!)

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
NIce ride, Jon.

How are you approaching the 240 conversion?
It's quite simple to mod your own swingarm and you can exchange your rear wheel with most any of the vendors for a 8-1/2" Midnight.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Duke, I was debating on going through one of the vendors but I think I can save some coil bysending the wheel direct to Kosman and having a local shop powdercoat the wheel. I will be doing my own swingarm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts