RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 497 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm a Registered Nurse and I rotate shifts, 12 hours shifts, sometimes day, sometimes night. I'm in the middle of my night rotation and thought I'd start a thread for all my fellow night shifters or insomniacs who need something to read late at night.

So how goes your night?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Guess I'll check in. I usually lurk on here after I get off work at 2 or 3. I prefer to self medicate with ice cream though... Lol

·
Registered
224 Posts
It was a good night for me tonight. I went with SWAT and Narcs to kick two doors and serve search warrants.

After finishing that, I went back out onto the street to patrol. About two hours prior to ending shift, I tried to stop a car bearing a stolen license plate. It ran, I chased. It wrecked, and the driver bailed. Again, I chased. He wasn't fast enough.

Turns out, the car was stolen and contained dope. The male also had warrants. Four felonies later, he's once again a resident of the county jail.

Win!

·
Registered
988 Posts
I work in a hog processing plant. I've been on the overnight shift for over 8 years - 11:00 pm to 7:30 am - so yeah, I'm a night owl. The last three nights have been crazy due to the ice storm. The main part of the plant has it's own backup generator but for some odd reason, the distribution center, where I work, doesn't. So when the lights go out - IT'S DARK!!! One the second day of the storm, they managed to get SOME of the lights working. But only every other aisle was ½ lit. That made the other aisles very dark. It presented quite a challenge when we had to to bring down a 1500+ lb. pallet of pork from a rack stored 40 feet up. We'll be working OT Saturday and possible Sunday to catch up on lost production.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
It was a good night for me tonight. I went with SWAT and Narcs to kick two doors and serve search warrants.

After finishing that, I went back out onto the street to patrol. About two hours prior to ending shift, I tried to stop a car bearing a stolen license plate. It ran, I chased. It wrecked, and the driver bailed. Again, I chased. He wasn't fast enough.

Turns out, the car was stolen and contained dope. The male also had warrants. Four felonies later, he's once again a resident of the county jail.

Win!
One up for the good guys
. unfortunately the ballbag will be back on the streets again because some stink azz judge decides that since he didn't really injure anyone, no use in wasting taxpayer money to keep him locked up

·
Registered
224 Posts
You're spot on wiz! I try not to focus on that, and just wait until he's out. then I chase him again! I think of it like a game. If I don't, it's too easy to become angry, cynical, and jaded.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'm running UV/Vis spectroscopy, Raman spectroscopy, and doing an HMDS silanization of silicon chips for an experiment characterizing the molecular interaction of small molecule surfactants on the surface of graphene. Another night in paradise I guess, got my coffee, rockstar, tea, and music to keep me up. I'd say I'm a night owl but I just work around the clock and pass out when my body and/or mind stop functioning. Day or night, weekend or weekday makes no difference to me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Good God man! Someone better be paying you a lot of money. One, for the obvious amount of intelligence required to do so. And two, for the immense amount of boredom you must have to endure.

Reading that alone made me want to step into traffic. But, big words tend to make simple guys like me do things like that. LOL!

I do, however, dig your "go, go, go, til you drop" style. You can sleep when you're dead.

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
I worked an average of 18 hrs a day for the last 9 years. I used to be on here at 3 and 4am..during my "downtime" I quit my job last friday .. I'm drinking a beer with 07midnight57.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Good God man! Someone better be paying you a lot of money. One, for the obvious amount of intelligence required to do so. And two, for the immense amount of boredom you must have to endure.

Reading that alone made me want to step into traffic. But, big words tend to make simple guys like me do things like that. LOL!

I do, however, dig your "go, go, go, til you drop" style. You can sleep when you're dead.
yeah LOL :D ... I would say more but ahhh I don't think it's internet appropriate and that's saying ALOT ...

You also found out my other life philosophy: I can sleep when I'm dead!

·
Premium Member
10,729 Posts

·
Vendor
3,448 Posts
I worked an average of 18 hrs a day for the last 9 years. I used to be on here at 3 and 4am..during my "downtime" I quit my job last friday .. I'm drinking a beer with 07midnight57.
That beer has since turned into jager bombs...

1 - 20 of 497 Posts