RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dealer ran my VIN and only came up with the pick up coil recall. i have an 05 midnight. anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
784 Posts
well the pick up coil is the CPS... i dont know about your not needing the TPS. I have a 05 Midnight and i need both.. Id check it out with another dealer or find the bulletin on the site here.

Alan

·
Registered
282 Posts
quote:Originally posted by angellus

well the pick up coil is the CPS... i dont know about your not needing the TPS. I have a 05 Midnight and i need both.. Id check it out with another dealer or find the bulletin on the site here.

Alan

+1, maybe the TPS was already take care of since it was the older of the 2 recalls. I think you can check the VIN plate for markings if the dealer did their job right.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have an '05 and found out I needed the tps when my died going down the expressway and would not restart! I would call another dealer, doesn't cost anything to call around, you also may find out some different turn around times.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh... yeah right. i knew that[/emoticons/emotion-3.gif)] pick up coil = CPS
don't i feel like a dweeb[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] well yeah i guess ill have to look for the stamps by the vin plate. can't remember if I had the tps done or not[B)]... thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
i called yamaha direct customer service line to check on recalls, you have to have your vin when you so they can tell you what recalls are needed for your bike. They told me it has everything to do with where the bike was built, and what part suppliers they used,....or something to that affect. That not all warriors got recalls for everything

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi strangebird! I recently became aware of the two recalls on the '05 AFTER installing Churchkey's BAK. I noticed that on your bike profile you do not appear to have installed a BAK and my suggestion is that in all likelihood you will find problems with the TPS if you do. If you'd like to you can check out my tale of woe (with a happy ending!) here:
www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=58046&SearchTerms=bak,recall,baffles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts