RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do u check if ur getting fire to the pluges? Bike won't start it's turning over good, getting gas can smell it dont think i am getting fire.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
take a plug wire of, stick a screwdriver in it and hold it real close to a cooling fin or any ground on the bike and see if it arcs

·
Registered
861 Posts
For the sake of doing things properly---go spend 5 bucks on a spark tester. Pull the plug wire off, stick one end ofthe tester in the cap, clamp the other end to the plug that is STILL in the head. That way things are properly grounded.

·
Administrator
30,369 Posts
When you start the bike the electronics will inject fuel even if you don't twist the throttle. The tester is the best method. If you want some excitement just remove the plug, attached the plug wire to the plug again, and lay the plug on the head near the plug hole. Its like russian roulette: will it flame, or will it not!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Already did the screw driver trick no spark, is there a fuse that could be blown? I switched the key switch and a wire came lose and sparked when I tested the switch. Awire had came lose and I didnt know so when I turned the key switch onthe wiresparked.

·
Registered
670 Posts
joe said:
Already did the screw driver trick no spark is there a fuse that could be blow. I switched the key switch and a wire sparked when I tested it.Awire came lose and I didnt know turned the key and it poped.

Your spelling is so bad that I don't really understand what your saying.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Scoper50 said:
joe said:
Already did the screw driver trick no spark is there a fuse that could be blow. I switched the key switch and a wire sparked when I tested it.Awire came lose and I didnt know turned the key and it poped.

Your spelling is so bad that I don't really understand what your (YOU'RE) saying.

It's more about punctuation in joe's post.See what I'm saying?

·
Administrator
30,369 Posts
Re: no fire on the spark plugs

First, did you check at least one of the spark plugs onboth cylinders and none of them produce a spark?

You said a wire shorted out when you turned the key on. Which wire, what color are where is it?

When you turn the key on now, does the tach cycle and the fuel pump make its noise while it primes?

Do any of the lights work? (BTW you might know the headlight won't come on until after the bike is running)

Have you fixed the wire that was loose, and did you check all the fuses? What did you find?

joe said:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I only checked one of the spark plug wires. I replaced the igntion key switch and when I turned it on all the lights on the tack and speedo came on and the fuel pump made its noise. Yes I knew the head light comes on when bike is running. The key switch that I gothas only2 wires stock one has 4. Red to red and the other 3 to white. whenI turned the key on the white came lose and was touching the bike and sparked. I checked some fuses dont know if i got them all I think I checked six of them maybe I missed some all were under the seat.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I checked the spark pluge wires on the other side no spark there. And the fuses are goodnot getting power to plugs. Also checked the coils got power going to the coils both sides nothing coming out spark plug wire. Can u blow coils that easy?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts

If there is a break in the neutral safety you won't get spark. check your clutch switch, kickstand, neutral switch. You can ground the wire that goes to the neutral wire and if it starts your problem is in that circuit.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Ok got it started but had to pull in cluch in. All started when I changed OEM key switch to HD key switch. Wanted to relocate switch to the side. Ok HD switch has two wires (red)+(white) OEM female pluge from bike has (brown blu) (Yellow blu)(black blu) how do I wire this switch? What I did (not that its right) but I put red from OEM plugeto red on HD switch and brown-blu to whiteon HD switch. The Yelow-blu and black-blu tied together then turned the key switch on and hit the start button. Did not start, the engine light was on so I pulled the cluch in two seconds later the light went out. So then pulled in cluched hit the start buttom it started. Got it!! so I thought thenlet the cluch out and it died. All the lights work neutrel light works when I put in 1st gear neutrel light goes out.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts

oh, now I see what you are doing. There is a load on the two wires you tied together through the stock switch. This for theft reasons so you can't just tie them together and steal the bike. You need a resistor in the line, I jsut can't remember how much. A search may find it. maybe 1.5 ohms?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

The two wires (blu black)and(blu yellow) these two are tied together not on theHD switch. What Isaw from slothy posted 1.3-1.5 ohm If this is what hewastalkingabout.

Questions 1.So what the resistor would do is reduce power or ohms to the (blu black)to(blu yellow)?

2.Would that solve the problem with the clutch?I had thebike in neutral and clutch pulled in let the clutch out and it died.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Did some test my bike will start but in neutral with clutch pulledback but dies when I let go of the clutch. So I jumped the clutch switch wires (blu yellow)+(blk yellow)started itagain and let the clutch go and it kept running. But when I dropped it in 1st with clutch pulled back it died. It was like clank and died. Clutch should work with bike on or off right? That part maybe from lack of riding. Back to clutch switch will the resistor 1.3-1.5 ohm between the (blu yellow)and(blu blk) fix this problem or is the clutch switch bad and I need a new one.

All light work as follwed

1. All lights on tack RPMs and speedo work and neutral goes when in gear.

2. Head light works dimer switchalso horn works.

3. kill switch works just a test I always use the keyto kill.

·
Administrator
30,369 Posts

Never mind, I see a couple new posts since I last checked in here . . .

Do you know how to adjust your clutch? Once you're positive the clutch is adjusted right,be sure both air filtersare clean, and all 4 spark plus are clean and gapped. Then keep it running long enough to get warm, then up the idle rpm's a hint. If it stays running then pull in the clutch lever and drop it into gear. If it still stays running you're headed in the right direction. If not, post up the details of what happens along the way so we know what's going on and maybe can help.

BTW your headlight should come on after the engine starts . . . is that how yours is working too?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Oh check replaced key switch Help? This is why no fire in the plugs started. And kickstand was up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts