RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a nice warrior. problem - i live in a condo with no garage! will a bike cover keep this bike looking great? any advice?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
yeah..... Move

Mines in a carport covered, I secured a heated storage area for winter and Im currently looking for a nice garage with attached condo. lol

Insert Image:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I suggest wiping your bike down before/after each ride and always keeping it covered when not in use. The time it takes to do that will pay off in the long run. Also, make sure the cover is weather/rain resistant. Good luck…

·
Registered
339 Posts
Congrats on the ride and welcome aboard. I have the same problem. I use middle of the road bike cover. But I also use an inexpensive tarp I bought at wal-mart. Going cheaper on the cover and using the tarp I still only paid about 50% of the high end covers. Oh yeah and I am moving too. My baby will have a house all to herself.[8D]

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
welcome. I think as long as she's out of the rain with a cover, you should be fine. No harsh winters in FL.!!! In the meantime I'd still look for a place with a garage in the future, more protective and less likely to be stolen!

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
I have the exact same situation. I have a pretty good cover that I then throw a tarp over and bungie under the bike up to the other side. Unless the winds get bad she never feel a drop of rain. She gets a little moist fromt he humidity but never wet. (no pun intended...and no..thats not a personal problem...I know how dirrrrrty soem of your minds are. LOL)

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I absolutely love having a house with a nice, big garage conversion for a living room. But I absolutely HATE not having the garage. I wish I could afford to move, so I could get a smaller house with a nice, big garage. /emoticons/emotion-2.gif

My bike is a year old with almost 6000 miles. Haven't had a problem with it getting damaged so far from only having a cover. I always make sure it's covered when it rains and when the sun is beating down on it.

!!!!ALWAYS ALWAYS let the pipes cool down before putting the cover on!!!!!!
(Once I put my cover on when the bike was still hot and the cover melted on it, ruining the cover and the pipes. Thankfully I was getting ready to change out my exhaust anyway and I learned that on the stock pipes and not the custom pipes. WHEW!!!)

·
Registered
230 Posts
THERE ARE MANY GOOD COVERS AVAIL. the best ive found are the OXFORD covers. they are double lined with heat shields where the pipes are, its a breathable fabric. make sure the inside is soft so as to not scratch. spend wisely and avoid the single layer plastic or tent type material. it WILL scratch the paint and melt in no time. good covers like oxford or rjays cost a little more but come in various sizes and are scratch ressist and have heat panells and are a breathable material. this will prevent it sticking to the tank and paintwork when wet.

·
Registered
324 Posts
There is no substitute for a good quality cover. Makes a huge difference in how your bike will look in the long run. Very happy with this one.

Insert Image:

68.77KB

1 - 16 of 16 Posts