RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
28,821 Posts
Looking for the seat bracket in this picture which is from an 02. Purchased one off a member and turns out its exactly the same as what I have on my 07 so asking for pics this time.

#16 in the parts picture. Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Let me try this way of explaining instead. Yes the 02-03 bracket shown in your picture is same 04+ bikes too.

The 04+ bikes have an extra bracket partially shown on the parts view already posted here. Its item 20. Remove that bracket from your 07 and tag-and-bag and save screws too. Now the 02-03 seat should fit correctly and latch.

Then carefully identify where to drill the needed two holes for the new bolts and nylock nuts for relocating the loop bracket out on the back fender.

Consider ~1mm thick rubber washers UNDER the fender as cushion (to avoid having to torque the nylock nuts which might create flat spots in the shaped metal fender).

Use chrome (or ?) plastic pop-in screw hole caps to temporarily fill the vacated threaded holes.

This method retains passenger and cargo safety while allowing you to bounce between various seats from all model years.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Let me try this way of explaining instead. Yes the 02-03 bracket shown in your picture is same 04+ bikes too.

The 04+ bikes have an extra bracket partially shown on the parts view already posted here. Its item 20. Remove that bracket from your 07 and tag-and-bag and save screws too. Now the 02-03 seat should fit correctly and latch.

Then carefully identify where to drill the needed two holes for the new bolts and nylock nuts for relocating the loop bracket out on the back fender.

Consider ~1mm thick rubber washers UNDER the fender as cushion (to avoid having to torque the nylock nuts which might create flat spots in the shaped metal fender).

Use chrome (or ?) plastic pop-in screw hole caps to temporarily fill the vacated threaded holes.

This method retains passenger and cargo safety while allowing you to bounce between various seats from all model years.
Ahhhhhh I get it now. Sorry arizona! I'm not messing with the rear loop at all. My plan is to use my existing Corbin for two up seating using my 07 loop placement. And when I ride solo just the front 02 solo seat will be used since my two up seats don't utilize the rear seat bracket at all.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Okay so you do not intend to install a 2002-2003 stock seat at all. I get it now. You intend to use only an aftermarket solo (rider seat only) made for 02-03. I'm worried for you about nothing! Cool.
Yes exactly hahha sorry for the confusion!

·
Registered
685 Posts
I agree totally with what AZ has said here. Seeing as I had to do the same thing on Bumblebee, I’m happy to explain how to do it whilst protecting your pain job. Just let me know as it’s an easy but involve process if you haven’t done it before😎😎🐝

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Well my order was canceled item was not actually in stock and cannot be ordered.

So back to the search......... called every vendor whi stated they had one. They all blamed their online provider who posts things for sale for them.

Apparantly they just post everything in the parts book for sale even though they are discontinued or on back order.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Bugger .. oh well worth a try, the next suggestion would be to make or something made that does the same job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 28 of 28 Posts