RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing some work around the ignition switch and I accidentally put 12V across the blue/yellow wire. It seem this has somethong to do with the neutral switch because now the neutral light doesn't come on, the bike won't start ad the diag code shows that the neutral switch is is the off position (in Gear). I checked the switch and all is normal. Any Ideas.

P.s. With the run switch off the neutral light goes on for aprrx 5 seconds then turn off

One more note, the bike will start with the kickstand upbut the neutral light will remain on even in gear.

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
RF_WIZ ....i'm sorry to hear this....severalquestions
[*]
Was the Ignition Key On or Off when this occurred. This is veryimportant
[*]
Is the Run Switch theRed Engine Cut-Off/Kill Switch and was it On or Off when this occurred
[*]
Did you blow a fuse and if so which one
[*]
Any smell or smoke of a burning wire or component
[*]
What is the diagnostic code number
[/list]

The Blue/Yellow wire is a ground and if the ignition key was ON you would introduce +12vdc back through the ECU via the switched Blue/Black wire which is also part of the ground logic..... that's not a good thing at all as there isn't any short circuit protection here.

Other than you described above, does the bike run properly at speed and perform normally?

Here's a link to the Warrior Wiring Diagram that i glorified with text descriptors and lots of details for trouble shooting: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/27165/287057.aspx#287057

Edited: BTW, did the new dealer supplied starter solve your last electrical problem or was it the starter relay?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Alan, Thanks for your reply,

The ignition switch was not even present. I was eliminating it all together and turn my run switch into an ignition switch ( see my post on my front end mod and you'll understand why). I traced the problem to the starting circuit cut off relay. This is the 5px-81590-00-00 relay under the seat. This relay will monitor the run, clutch, neutral and ignition switches. when all of them are in the desired state then it will let the starting relay energize. When I put 12v across the blue wires it fried that relay. Thank God it wasn't the ECU. I ordered a new relay (41.00 from yammi) while I was waiting for the replacement I decided to open the old one up to see wht made it tick. You have to break the housing apart to get it open as it it well sealed but once inside it is basic electronics. All it contains is 2 relays and a few switching diodes. My electronics background helped to diagnose the problem. I found a burned trace and two blown diodes. I repaired the trace and replaced the diodes and all was well again.

-Carmine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts