RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Not a good idea, the banks are seperate from the manufacturer. The manufacturer already has their money from the bank for your bike, you'd be screwing the bank and yourself.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This approach tends to be a cut off your nose to spite your face. In the end, you'll be the only one hurt. Your credit report will be trashed and Yamaha corporate won't give a ****. If anything, it might take a chunk out of some finance company or maybe your local dealer, but they are not responsible for this mess and can't seem to get any more action out of the top brass at Yamaha than we've been able to. What we really need is for someone to get a snotty reply from someone at Yamaha and get a bike mag to publish it! I'm writing to several bike magazines to see if they have picked up on this story and to request some investigative work through their channels. The big problem there is that Yamaha gives them big bucks in ad campaigns and free test bikes. I'm doubting they'll bite the hand that feeds them, but it never hurts to ask.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
On top of a messed up credit report and a reposessed bike, your account would go to a collection agency and they would get your money anyways

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jimboman

Wouldn't this apply if the bike were financed through Yami Credit? Or are they separate entities as well?

No, Yami credit is not a Yamaha company perse' it's a bank that finances for Yamaha as well as Kawasaki, Honda, and Suzuki.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Coyote_Warrior

This approach tends to be a cut off your nose to spite your face. In the end, you'll be the only one hurt. Your credit report will be trashed and Yamaha corporate won't give a ****. If anything, it might take a chunk out of some finance company or maybe your local dealer, but they are not responsible for this mess and can't seem to get any more action out of the top brass at Yamaha than we've been able to. What we really need is for someone to get a snotty reply from someone at Yamaha and get a bike mag to publish it! I'm writing to several bike magazines to see if they have picked up on this story and to request some investigative work through their channels. The big problem there is that Yamaha gives them big bucks in ad campaigns and free test bikes. I'm doubting they'll bite the hand that feeds them, but it never hurts to ask.

Motorcycle Consumer News!!! They don't answer to any body. They are usually at the Cylce World Trade show here in Daytona, I'm gonna drop something in their ear about this.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I work for the company that finances Yamaha and guess what..................yep everyone is right. It won't make a bit of difference to Yamaha, but yes....will trash your credit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts