RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Guys!
I have a couple of questions concerning my 2002 Warrior with a 2006 engine.
The other day, I stopped by a local bike shop and when I came out and attempted to start my bike, its oil light just blinked and it didn't make a noise, after hitting the start switch. (I believe the oil light started blinking, while trying to start it).
Good news is... when I turned off the key off, then switched back on, hit the start switch it cranked.
Should I be concerned? What do I need look at.
(It's happened twice about a month and half between)
Thanks.

·
Administrator
29,665 Posts
The light is the Check Engine light.

When it was blinking, did it seem to blink a number of times then pause then repeat same number of blinks?

Added:
If it was the low fuel light instead then it probably did, I'm just making certain which light is blinking. Now I feel certain its the check engine light.

·
Administrator
29,665 Posts
It seems to me the more common problems discovered ended up being:

1. the battery was very weak and soon failed and a new battery fixed the blinking light trouble.

2. a loose wire at the handlebar engine stop switch (makes bike think the switch is turned OFF).

From Page 6-5 of the Manual:

Blinking Warning Light

Warning control when unable to start engine. This control is effected when any one of the conditions listed below is present and the starter switch is turned ON:

a. Battery voltage below the specified value (defective fuel injection system relay, engine stop switch turned OFF, or drained battery)

b. One of the fault codes listed below has been detected (self-diagnostic code 12, 19, 30, 41, or 50 is output):

[*]
(12: faulty crankshaft position sensor signal)
[*]
(19: open circuit in sidestand input line)
[*]
(30: a fall has been detected)
[*]
(41: open or short circuit in lean angle cutoff switch)
[*]
(50: ECU memory check error)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Arizona. I recently added some bar end mirrors and discovered some loose wires on the throttle side. ( actually I would say frayed) I cut them and zip tied them to the handlebars. I hope it's just something minor. Also the bike is clicking a really long time after I cut off the ignition, but when I hit the start switch a couple of times, it stops. Any thoughts? ( I'm trying to work out the kinks 1 by 1. Again, your expertise is appreciated. Thank you for you time and attention.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts