RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry.
I know MANY of you have asked and I even replied so some of your emails.

There will be no username changes at this point in time. The new version of the site will allow you to display any name you like and you won't b locked down like you are now.

So, please continue to be patient.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
There's going to be another new version? Will the background be blue? [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
no big deal....I asked casually about a year ago but I figured with as many members as we were getting at that time, name changes were the last thing you needed to deal with.

I think the issue for me was that other forums I use have a username and a nickname. When I registered I didn't realize the username would be my forum name, maybe that's why so many are asking for name changes.....Like I said, no biggie, There are much better things to worry about, like the lousy democrats [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

You Rock!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:Originally posted by condrons
other forums I use have a username and a nickname.

We will have this. You will log in with 'condrons' but you can show "Super Man" if you want to.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
sportnitro said:
I need to combine my 2 accounts to 1 account.This is because of 1 email address I no longer have.

Realize the new version of the site he mentions is what you now see....that was an old topic, before the site changed over. You can change your username via your profile....you will still login the same but the displayed name can be whatever you want.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
This topic needs to be deleted because it no longer has any relevance. At the very least it shouldn't be stickied anymore.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Hmm, it says you have a login name and a screen name. You can change the screen name all you want. In light of recent activities, it seems quite relevant.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Not true. Re-read Carknee's original post. He said he will no longer change a persons account name because the new version will allow you to change your own display name. Nothing has changed, he still will not change it for you (in our old version of the forum, only the admin could change your name), but you still can do it yourself.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Sangathor said:
Not true. Re-read Carknee's original post. He said he will no longer change a persons account name because the new version will allow you to change your own display name. Nothing has changed, he still will not change it for you (in our old version of the forum, only the admin could change your name), but you still can do it yourself.

heh heh - I beat you by 30 seconds!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
The original post was to point out that "No username changes allowed" as the title indicates. This is obviously a moot request now with the new site as we can change our displayed names all we want just like he said a year ago we would eventually be able to do. That's why it seems irrelevant to me. A more relevant post would be a tutorial showing how to make that changefor new users and those that aren't familiar with how to change their name with the "new" site already. Having a post talking about what will happen in the future (a future that has long past) doesn't seem worth stickying when it seems like something more current could have been put up to replace this in the time it took you to tell me I'm wrong.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Marco Polo said:
The original post was to point out that "No username changes allowed" as the title indicates. That's why it seems irrelevant to me....
It may be irrelevant to you, but I'm sure it's still very rellevant for the site admin who still gets some requests for this very thing. Imagine how many he would get if it wasn't posted here. And "username" changes are still not allowed. There's a difference between a username and a display name. Either, what difference does it make to you?

Marco Polo said:
... A more relevant post would be a tutorial showing how to make that changefor new users and those that aren't familiar with how to change their name with the "new" site already. Having a post talking about what will happen in the future (a future that has long past) doesn't seem worth stickying when it seems like something more current could have been put up to replace this in the time it took you to tell me I'm wrong.
Nah, It only took me a few seconds to tell you that you where wrong. Both times.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts