RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Warrioris my next bike. I've had all types over the years, standard street, dual purpose, naked sport,
cruiser, sport touring... the list goes on. Last year
I wasriding a supermoto. My cruiser (Vstar) was my favorite so now I've come full
circle. I don't want to sacrifice the get-up-and-go of my VFR or SV but I want back into the cruiser genre of long, low and mean.

I'm looking at used and that brought me to this forum. I've already learned some things to look for, recalls etc. Thanks!

~Romy

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the link is working now but yea, its the '05 Midnight; the only one they have. I called to get some details but there were no sales people around so I talked to some guy from the shop. He said it had Cobra pipes and Yamaha T-bars. Any experience with Woody's? Are they willing to make a deal?

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
I bought mine at Woody's and have a great experience with them. Don't expect them to move much on the price though!!!
Woody is putting on a new addition!
You can also look at Central Maine motor sports in Lewiston. They may have a used bike or a leftover. I would definately take a look at the bike at Woody's. It is very clean. Ask for Dan in sales.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Funny story: I'm seaching all the dealer websites but also Craigs List and Uncle Herny's. I found theses Shogun Street Sweepers with baffles on UH's for 100 bucks. Seemed like a deal I couldn't pass up so I bought them today. Well, now I have part of my Warrior... all I need is the rest of the bike!!!

Here's the funny part of the story: Turns out these pipes came off that bike at Woody's!!! So I got to talk to the original owner. He says it has V&H 2 into 1 Pro Pipe, power commander, Yam T-bars, aftermarket seat and its lowered 2". Wow, small world huh? Going tomorrow to look, er buy if I can make a deal...

~Romy

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Today's the big day when I cut the big check and get my big twin... I've had dozens of bikes but everytime I get a new one, I feel like a kid again.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. I love the mod bug kicking in before you even get it part!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well its a done deal. Now I gotta wait for them to put the new rubber on then I'll take delivery. After leaving Woody's, I headed to Lewiston and picked up the stock seat from the original owner. He also gave me the Power Commander cables, software and paperwork. Here's me grinning like a fool after forking over the dough (sorry for the crappy cell phone pic):

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sin_City_Warrior said:
Another Midnight owner! Welcome !

I LOVE Vegas! Got married there in 2000, been back twice since. Planning my 10 Anniversary there next year... Maybe I could be an honorary SSW.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts