RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ALL. I ve been lurking around this site for a few weeks now after purchasing my first cruiser about a month ago today. Already did a bunch of mods already and looking to do a bunch more over the hibernation season, like 240 kit, BAK and PCIII

Not sure how to post pics on the thread yet. I am sure I will pick it up quicky. I put some pics in my gallery if you want to take a look.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Sweet looking ride - can't go wrong with black. I like the wrapped pipes. You've already done quite a bit for only having her for a month. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks. Def aware of the shorter cables. Just cannot find them anywhere, the dealer is not even sure where to get shorter ones. Do you have a recommendation?

·
Administrator
29,925 Posts
Heck yes, Barnett will build what ever you want. Just pull a string along the entire length of each cable to measure what length you want. Then Barnett will make them, and they have the nicest cables. Their brake lines are great too but I don't know if the braided stainless on the cables matches the braided stainless on the brake lines exactly (should have asked but I didn't).

Then when you place your order, you buy thru one of their distributors, they don't sell direct.

How to measure cables:

http://www.barnettclutches.com/products/custom_measuring_guide.aspx

http://www.cyclebrakes.com/Ordering-Custom-Barnett-Cables.pdf

RC51 said:
thanks. Def aware of the shorter cables. Just cannot find them anywhere, the dealer is not even sure where to get shorter ones. Do you have a recommendation?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AZ Warrior, thanks for the refernce on the cables. I will look in to these some time this winter.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sin City, they are Fanders Broomstick 27" I dont recommend them unless you are dragging the bike. They are hard to handle. I have since changed the bars to a low rise drag with a 5" pull back. Way more comfortable and easier to handle the bike.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
RC51 said:
Sin City, they are Fanders Broomstick 27" I dont recommend them unless you are dragging the bike. They are hard to handle. I have since changed the bars to a low rise drag with a 5" pull back. Way more comfortable and easier to handle the bike.
Yeah I figued they were flanders. I am looking at getting the flanders cafe low bars, in black. A little rise and little pull back. I would need new cables too though. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Welcome! I may be changing bars this year. I'm bored with mine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts