RS Warrior Forum banner

61 - 80 of 3583 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Dave,I don't know what day yet,my oldest son would like to go also,
he doesn't ride so i may not be on the bike.[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif I will let you know,
Which day is best for you? Don't matter to me.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Is anyone up for going to Infineon Raceway to do a little Drag Racing? Every Wednesday night they have Open Drag for anyone. I say we try to plan to go on October 15th. Anyone interseted???

http://www.infineonraceway.com/you_can_race/wednesday_night_drag_info/

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I would love to! Might have to be an overnighter for me, though. Sears Point is 3 1/2 hours from me... [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
New Topic! Please mark Oct 15th on your calendar and read the following post!

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9056

·
Registered
303 Posts
San Francisco! Picked up my '03 this summer and have only seen one other rider in SF (sounded sweet, though).

Too bad I missed the ride last weekend. Definitely interested in getting together with some local riders before it starts to rain (because you know it won't stop for 4 months /emoticons/emotion-1.gif.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Welcome aboard Dave! Check out this link. We are getting together again this Sunday in SF. Maybe we can meet you there if you don't want to come out to Ness.

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9429

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Hmmmmm, I usually take mondays off but I have some things to do around the house. What did you have in mind?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Amos,

I need to head to Hayward to get those bolts for the air scoop that fell off :-(. From there I don't care. The wife gets home from school before noon. Let me know if you have any ideas, I'm riding SOMEWHERE though.

Take Care

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Hey, I got this email from Mike at G-Force in Santa Clara. Call him if you're interested.

Racing Season is over and the Engine Build Season is upon us. I am still interested in doing development work on the Warrior engine, and am looking for someone who wants to get an engine built.

I know Yamaha offers some "kit" parts like pistons and cams, and I was also looking into having a big-bore piston made by Mahle, or another high quality brand (comparable to Cosworth). I also work closely with Dema Elgin of Elgin Cams in Redwood City, who could help us design the perfect cams.

In addition to the developmental portion of the Warrior, I have these guys who are dead-set on making a video prgram that they are trying to get on TV similar to all the American Choppers/Monster Garage shows airing now. These guys seem a little flakey, but the way I look at it, I am not investing any money, so I have nothing to lose. The worst that could happen is I have video footage of me developing motorcycle stuff.

They have, however, hooked up with one of the prominent motorcycle painters in California, Mike Taylor. If you have never heard of Mike, his work is very well known in the Harley world, and his airbrush work (as well as paint and graphics) is astounding. These guys have convinced Mike to do a pint job at the cost of materials. So, that's just another option.

Anyway, I just wanted to touch bases again and see who might really be serious about this. If you are, or know someone who is, interested, please let me know as soon as possible. The motor building season is about to get very crazy for me, so I want as much lead-time as I can get.

Talk to you soon

Mike Norman
G-Force Performance Center
3473-B El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95051
(40/emoticons/emotion-11.gif 244-8090
www.g-force1.com

·
Registered
600 Posts
Just wanted to log in here. I was born and raised in Belmont - San Carlos area. Learned to ride in the hills of Belmont on dirt bikes in the 60's. Honda scramblers, a Triumph 250 popper, a Ducati 250 scrambler and others. The cops use to chase me because I had no licence or licence plate. I'd head into the hills. I only got caught once. They let me go. Things were way simpler then. Take care.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
quote:Originally posted by amospro

Hey, I got this email from Mike at G-Force in Santa Clara. Call him if you're interested.

Racing Season is over and the Engine Build Season is upon us. I am still interested in doing development work on the Warrior engine, and am looking for someone who wants to get an engine built.

I know Yamaha offers some "kit" parts like pistons and cams, and I was also looking into having a big-bore piston made by Mahle, or another high quality brand (comparable to Cosworth). I also work closely with Dema Elgin of Elgin Cams in Redwood City, who could help us design the perfect cams.

In addition to the developmental portion of the Warrior, I have these guys who are dead-set on making a video prgram that they are trying to get on TV similar to all the American Choppers/Monster Garage shows airing now. These guys seem a little flakey, but the way I look at it, I am not investing any money, so I have nothing to lose. The worst that could happen is I have video footage of me developing motorcycle stuff.

They have, however, hooked up with one of the prominent motorcycle painters in California, Mike Taylor. If you have never heard of Mike, his work is very well known in the Harley world, and his airbrush work (as well as paint and graphics) is astounding. These guys have convinced Mike to do a pint job at the cost of materials. So, that's just another option.

Anyway, I just wanted to touch bases again and see who might really be serious about this. If you are, or know someone who is, interested, please let me know as soon as possible. The motor building season is about to get very crazy for me, so I want as much lead-time as I can get.

Talk to you soon

Mike Norman
G-Force Performance Center
3473-B El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95051
(40/emoticons/emotion-11.gif 244-8090
www.g-force1.com

So what's the deal here, Jody. Is he looking to develop motor parts (cam, intake, etc.), or is he looking to install, or what is it exactly that Mike's interested in feedback for? Inquiring minds want to know, 'cuz Mike is a stud and a **** nice guy who knows what he's doing... if it's good for the Warrior, I want to know about it [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]!

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Jimbo, I think he wants to pull a team together to build the different motor parts. If you're interested jump on it and call him.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi. Please add Me Pierre Palengat I go by nick name Frenchy. I'm in Daly City CA. My bike is being woked on at this time, but will be up and running by next month. I wiull up date my profile and all mods done to the Bike at that time. I also ride with the Blue Knights and Top of the Hill Group.

I will post photo of my bike as it is today to my profile.

Look forward to meeting the group. My not be able to attend Bike show at San Mateo do to a commitment. I' try.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Welcome, Frenchy.
If you don't make the bike show, we will probably have some sort of ride soon, stay tuned...

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Welcome to the Froum Frenchy! It's a ways away but everyone should plan to go to the Laughlin River Run in April. I just posted a topic on it with info and a web link.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm from Reno, is that close enough?
Love to go and ride on 84.
I'm a slave at work, not much time to ride.
I'm trying to save some money for next year and take my bike down to Mexico for a 30 day run all the way down Baja and part of Zacatecas, where I'm from. There is some cool contry down there to see.
I can't wait to hear my pipes down some narrow streets.
Will see what happens next year, money is kind of tight right now.
Anyone interested let me know.

61 - 80 of 3583 Posts