RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never jumped into the recall campaign/fiasco we had a few years ago, but I did study what everyone else was doing. A large percentage had had work performed, as the motor was already torn down ready to accept the new/upgraded parts. High compression pistons, cams/springs, etc.

I'm going to take this chance to do "upgrades" while it's all broken down, and it's time to start seek out parts.

Lastly, is there a Yamaha dealer in the SF Bay Area that'll allow these upgrades at the same time as the recall is being performed?

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
I got mine at East Bay Motorsports in hayward.

I get service done at San Jose Yamaha (Service guy is Steve) He is well knowledged and might be willing to work with you on those mods. Mine is a 2005 so I did not get the "benefit" of the tranny recall.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Scootman said:
I get service done at San Jose Yamaha (Service guy is Steve) He is well knowledged and might be willing to work with you on those mods. Mine is a 2005 so I did not get the "benefit" of the tranny recall.

+1 Check with Steve.

Find out who's going to be doing the actual work though is my suggestion. If it's the old guy (don't recall his name but he's the only one), kindly find a way to reschedule or something. He equates everything toDodge cars and truckssince that's what he was doing for decades before motorcycles and all he knows apparently. I'm not very convinced that he's ever been trained at all on motorcycles, let alone Yamahas specifically. If my work from him is any indication you might find that certain parts designed to be removed have been loctited on (red) permanently and his only solution to resolve it is to heat it beyond it's 450 degree threshholdand destroy your part, "sorry". You'd also be wise to make sure he has anything he could possibly need for any scenario he might encounter because he won't get the proper item himself or call you about, he'll just use whatever nut or whatever is laying around and hope for the best. But I'm not bitter.... noooooo. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts