RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning everyone!

This past Thursday/Fridays ice storm was just unreal. Warriors who live in Massachusetts, and New Hamspshire have seen some incredible devistation in and around there homes and towns.

Seems several of our brothers have not been online and probably will not be for days and in some cases weeks.

I can tell you from personaly driving through Fitchburg Massachusetts that it looks like a war zone. Like bombs went off about 20 feet in the air shattering trees and telephone poles in 1/2.

It's like a winters version of a hurricane had blow through. And as if that isn't bad enough the forcast over the next couple of days is calling for rain/ICE/snow mixutres depending on where you are at.

The streets of Fitchburg was packed with families out driving around looking for stores that had power that were open for GAS, FOOD, resturants for a HOT MEAL. All the basics are a challenge for these folks. Home owners are worried now about freezing temps causing heating systems to freeze up and burst inside homes.

Yes, we've seen some of this up here before having lived in NE all my life but this is at a differant level.

The temps outside are mild today thank God. But being winter in NE no telling when it's going to snap back down to the teens and single digits.

Thank God for the power companines and tree service companies that are responding from all over the country to come to New Englands rescue! You guys are awesome!

Pray for the folks of New England that don't have power or some of the basics folks!....they can use it.

It's gonna be WEEKS at a minimum in my opinion before things get back to "normal".

Hang in there NE warriors!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
We had over 250,000 people in Maine without power and still some remain. I lost my power for three days in teen to twenty degree temps. Luckily I have a friend who is an electrician and he set me up with the wiring for a generator. I found a generator and at least had some heat until the power returned yesterday. Good luck to all!!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I feel for you guys. I had to snowblow out from a 5 foot drift and -40 Below and lower wind chills. actual temp this morning is -14 and supposed to get to -11! a heat wave

i drove where the plows made a path through a 10 foot drift.

Welcome WINTER!!!

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Hey all, I got F'd hard up in Derry !! Couldnt leave my house friday from all the treesin the road and havent had power since last thursday night . They are saying I wont get it until this friday!!! Gary I know what you mean about bombs dropping , I watched and listened to near constant tree's and branches falling for about a day straight. My back yard and neiborhood look like a war zone. But we are doing well as I got ahold of a 5000 watt generator and have had the wood stove going since loss of power( glad I dont have a pellet stove ) My in laws who moved three houses away from me have been over since and they are driving me crazy!!! ....but I guess since I'm not from fargo I cant complain. lol

No doubt that was the most freak ice storm I have ever seen!! Hope all is well with all my NE bro's.

-D

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
**** guys, I'm really sorry to hear about this. Hopefully things will turn around quickly as far as the weather and the restoration and recovery will go better and faster then expected. Here locally they've been talking about how "bad" this recent cold snap is because it's fallen below 40 in some areas. Me and the wife even feltthe need to fillup 5 garbage bags of blankets and coats and sweats and stuff to take to the local homeless warming shelter the other night. I can't imagine how any homeless could survive at all there in NE! It sounds like you guys have your work cut out for you, good luck and hang in there. Prayers sent eastward.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Ya Gary, I seen a lot of it Saturday moving my daughter from Worcester, up and over the hills into practically your back-yard. She moved onto Old Webster Road. While hauling a huge load of her "stuff", crossing over from Tatnuck Sq over to Rt. 12, I literaly saw one guy raking leaves at the bottom of the hill and at the top of the hill there was a guy who had 90% of his trees laying on the ground, huge limbs hanging within inches of the ground suspended only by the strand running between two poles. It was obviously elevation dependant in our neck of the woods. I would say a 30 foot change in elevation meant the difference between all water and all ice.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Morning Dan!

I've not seen Darkstar, or Ekmaint online for a few days. Probably no power at a minimum. Even if they get power to the house whats the chances that the infastructure of the city (internet and the like) of being up and running.

I know Ekmaint is a big wood stove guy so my guess is he's managing to stay warm but if he's on well water then he'd need to have bottled water around and the like.

But I'm with you Dan!, hope our NH boys are hanging in there.

Saw Damian online yesterday!....maybe D~ can get the skinny on the 2 Ed's!??

·
Registered
221 Posts
My side of the woods is ok. Got power on Sunday and Internet last night. Life is good once again :). I drive through Epping every day and the damage doesn't seem so bad. Atleast everything is open and working. Lots of poeple are still without power though.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ekmaint said:
Im here boys, We completely avoided the ice storm at our elevation. Nothing but rain here. I spent a couple days at a friends house who took some serious tree damage helping him clean up

All right....good to here from ya Ed...wasn't sure how you made out up there.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
10PSI :) said:
My side of the woods is ok. Got power on Sunday and Internet last night. Life is good once again :). I drive through Epping every day and the damage doesn't seem so bad. Atleast everything is open and working. Lots of poeple are still without power though.

Good deal Dennis!. Glad you are in one peace brother!

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Mother nature isn't going to give us much time to clean things up, Looks like I'll be plowing driveways Friday night and Saturday morning - 6 inches of white money is predicted.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ekmaint said:
Yup 3-5 tonight and 1-3 tommorow. The northeast beast is on standby

6-12" in the Worcester Mass area starting tomorrow moring. 1-2" per hours during the afternoon into the evening. Yikes,,,,

Need to start thinking about some snow blower mods

1 - 20 of 45 Posts