RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think for next year? Upstate NY or NH?

1) If we do NY we should consider staying just North of Lake George Village.

2) NH..... we can stay up near Lake Winn.

4 day event or 3 day? I like the 4 day.

·
Registered
452 Posts
DarkStar said:
What do you guys think for next year? Upstate NY or NH? 1) If we do NY we should consider staying just North of Lake George Village. 2) NH..... we can stay up near Lake Winn. 4 day event or 3 day? I like the 4 day.

Hey Dark, 4 days is the only way to go....If we decide to do it in Upstate NY, The Lake George Escape campground is awesome...Bike friendly, Lotsa clean bathrooms & showers, laundry facilities, a great camp store, two pools 1 heated & 1 not...A bar at poolside with reasonable prices, about everything you need. It's about 5 miles North of Lake George Village. Ekmaint & family, Myself & April all stayed there last year for Americade and I think all of us would give it 2
The link is listed below... http://www.lakegeorgeescape.com/main.htm

PS Make Sure you bring a Corona for the top of the camper.....

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I definately like the 4 day plan. As far as location I would rather do NY, never ridden there, NH is just a tank of gas away so I go there alot.

I would say it is more about the event than the riding.

I don't know what I will have for a bike by then, I think I am selling the Warrior in the spring to make way for something new, just not sure what yet. But then I was washing the Warrior the other day and put a new tire on, was looking at all the work I have done and thought how can I sell her?

But back to the Warrior fest, 4 days in NY
and no god ****
[:'(]

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UpstateBob said:
The Lake George Escape campground is awesome...Bike friendly, Lotsa clean bathrooms & showers, laundry facilities, a great camp store, two pools 1 heated & 1 not...A bar at poolside with reasonable prices, about everything you need. It's about 5 miles North of Lake George Village. Ekmaint & family, Myself & April all stayed there last year for Americade and I think all of us would give it 2
The link is listed below... http://www.lakegeorgeescape.com/main.htm

PS Make Sure you bring a Corona for the top of the camper.....

That is a great campground. I stayed there 6-7 times last time being in 2004 & 2005 with a bunch of other Warrior Rider's during Americade. Research on the Forum. We use to have a bunch of great pictures uploaded. Maybe we should plan on doing Lake Geirge during Americade again this year?

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
DarkStar said:
That is a great campground. I stayed there 6-7 times last time being in 2004 & 2005 with a bunch of other Warrior Rider's during Americade. Research on the Forum. We use to have a bunch of great pictures uploaded. Maybe we should plan on doing Lake Geirge during Americade again this year?

Were talking 2 separate events here right and not having the rumble during americade???

·
Registered
228 Posts
This post has kind of slowed down. I am in for another Rumble and I would def perfer the Lake George region since it is about 45 minutes from home.
I might just have to bring the Corvette I just purchased too for the rainy days, hopefully there is not any. There is a Yamaha dealer about 5 miles from the camp ground that I can get in touch with to see if their are more fellow Yamaha riders out there that want to come if we decide on Lake George. Four days is def the way to go.Hope everyone had happy holidays since I have not been around the forum much lately. Let me know how the Rumble plans work out.

Lucas

aka Red and Blue Guy

·
Registered
761 Posts
Depending on the dates, NY would also be good for me. My wife is from that area, and I could roll a family vacation in with it, with built in babysitters.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Superbee the Oil Geek said:
Depending on the dates, NY would also be good for me. My wife is from that area, and I could roll a family vacation in with it, with built in babysitters.

Date should be around the beginning of august . I will be starting a new topic soon with all the info. dates, lodging, ect

·
Registered
228 Posts
ekmaint said:
Lucas ,, Where ya at bud.??? I see that your online

I'm hanging around. I took a small break from the forum. I actually only had a chance to ride my motorcycle once for about 10 miles after the Rumble. The rest of the year was super busy with work until it was too cold to ride. I'm very disappointed myself for the amount I rode last year. I think I only have about 1200 miles on in two years of ownership. The good news is I took my GA bike up to the Dragon in early September and rode for a few days up there. That was pretty intense and alot of fun. My brother and me went during the week so it was nearly deserted. By the way I'm going to have to charge you $4 per beer drank from my cooler and $2 a day for rental until I get it back so bring your check book to the Rumble this year. J/K
Bring it back clean and ready for my beer this year and we will call it even, no dead fish or anything. My parents bought a slightly larger camper at the end of last year so I will be camping in stlye once again. I'm looking forward to it, especially if it is NY, right in my back woods. Let me know the dates when you get them so I can get my vacation days into work since we look to have another extremely busy year comming up. It's good for the bank accounts but horrible on my life. I might even bring down the Vette and take a few people for a ride if we have the chance. I'm looking forward to spring to bring that monster out and to get the Warrior out of the garage and do some more riding this year. I have yet to order a set of bars and get them on and internally wired, I think that is the extent of my mods this winter.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts