RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not all dealers are going to do upgrades.

I happened to have time to visit Lawrenceville Honda/Yamaha in Lawrenceville, Georgia today. I talked with the Assistant Service Manager (Gary) about the recall. He said they expected EACH bike to take 2-3 days and they already had a long waiting list. He also told me that, per the owner, they WOULD NOT make any performance upgrades whatsoever, not OE, not PR, not even Speedstar.

So, many Warrior owners may be "stuck" with a stock rebuild.

That means that those who can't go to a dealer and get "upgrades" only get "the shaft." [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!]

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Hey spear, something we agree on eh? I would tell this dealer to go suck an egg. He is being unreasonable by not offering to at least install speedstar parts while the engine is apart. I would not buy oil from this guy. Too many dealers are offering to install speedstar, after market ordered from them, or any parts from anywhere. If my local dealer will not at least install speedstar, I will go farther away to get work done.

I just talked to my local dealer and speedstar is only thing he will consider, and even then he is reluctant to do anything other than complete speedstar kit. Now 75 miles away is Modesto Yamaha and they are reported to be willing to do any parts from any Mfg. Hmmmm...

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
keep lookin dude- i had the same story here, cept i was told they could tear down, rebuild, test it, THEN tear BACK down and install upgrades. for a few hours of labor of course. i shopped around and found one that will. i was prepared to take it to charlotte NC or Charleston SC,.. where ever i needed to to get her done right. i'm in upstate SC. (greenville) if you want to haul it up here i'll set you up with the shops phone number.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys. Thanks for the support and encouragement. I've got another dealer, don't worry. This dealer's techs FIXED the screw-up that my selling dealer created (stripped case threads holding the oil line, for one thing!).

I went on their waiting list today. They'll do my upgrades, if I want them (now I just have to decide IF or WHAT I will do).

Special note to ezas.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif] Hey, we probably agree on much more than we ever disagreed on!

Y'all gotta excuse this ol' southern boy. I am well and truly p***ed about this recall.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Spear, another alternative is Atlanta Motor World over on Highway 9 in Alpharetta. I understand they will perform upgrades while they are in there, no problem. Spoke with them today while I was picking up some things for the new Fizzer.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
My dealer is more than willing to put any upgrades on durring recall work. I can bring them in or buy from them he didn't care, said if he didn't he would lose recall jobs. Even set him up with OE and they are giving me a good deal on parts.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Dice, that's pretty much the same deal that WarStar got us here in W.Pa.

I did find that shortly after I promoted a dealer here in Pittsburgh, the service manager left and they seem to be heading down hill. Talked to the new guy and he was giving me the run around about the up-grades and fact that Yami is only paying 9 hrs. of labor for a 2-3 day job...blah, blah, blah...time to switch and drive the 1 1/2 hrs. to the other dealer!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts