RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, but i have been riding most of my life. Just turned that big 50. I love to ride and work on anything that goes with gas! Im a locksmith and if you have any questions hit me up. Except for that one question everyone ask " I have a job at a bank-what are you doing tonight a 1am" lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I just picked up my warrior after owning a Victory kingpin. Got a good deal on the warrior. It has custom paint ,pipes ,air filter,programmer,and fairing. Super stoked for $2800 with only 17000 miles on it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay one more stupid questions-- If my bike is a 2002 and None of the recalls were done do they (yamaha) still have to do them? It says 15 years but some of the recalls were not issued until 2006

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool and thank you. That's where i got the idea to check for recalls. Sadly the guy I bought my bike from never had any of them done! Currently I have and issue where it stalls. It seems to not like down shifting and matching the rpm.

·
Registered
13,096 Posts
If your bike has recalls that need done, they have to do it by law. If it actually does need recalls, you have the golden unicorn. 2002 bikes had a transmission recall that requires cracking the case open. So, if you buy HC pistons, you can get them installed for the price of parts.

Edit: let me modify that. You would have to pay some labor, since they wouldn’t have to pull the heads. However, you CAN get a Roadstar 5th gear installed for the price of the part. It’s a steeper gear and feels more like an overdrive gear.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Welcome, keyman!

Questions for you... I also have the bubs jug huggers. Do you know if your rear has been lowered at all? If it is the stock height, does it drag on right turns? Mine is lowered and later this winter I'm hoping to return it to the stock height. She looks awesome lowered, but **** it is nerve racking hearing my juggs draggin! I'm hoping someone with these pipes and the stock height will tell me it won't drag.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Keyman, I just bought an 02 around a month ago and had the same concern, I didn't think my recalls were done so I called a random Yamaha dealership in my area and they asked for my VIN# and told me all my recalls had been done, which surprised me since my Nora (named my bike after a recently deceased dog) only had 1100 miles on it and I figured the original owner was too scared to even ride it to a dealer, wouldn't be surprised if he trailered it. But I think the guy I spoke to said there was no need for him to make an order for the recall since they were completed, which leads me to believe the recall should still be honored. So your nearby Yamaha dealer should be able to let you know. Good luck with your 02...I'm pretty much obsessed with mine even though I still have my Harley Road King parked right next to it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts