RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, Warrior owners. I'm not even new yet becuase I don't own a Warrior, but I hope to be, soon! I started riding motorcycles about a month ago and outgrew my "loaner" bike far more quickly than my friends anticipated.

I'm a lifelong gearhead and four years ago, my dad and I built a 408 Windsor motor for a Shelby Cobra replica that we've been beating on ever since. Hard to believe it's been that long.

I've always wanted to get into riding but have always deferred to the safety concerns of my loved ones.

After some recent family deaths and health issues that all happened far too young, I decided that you only live once, and that I could be hit by a bus tomorrow driving my car. In short, stuff happens, and you can't control everything.

I've been borrowing (and paying for) a friend of a friend's Honda Shadow 750, which has been a good learning bike, I suppose...at least that's how it was billed. My friend has a VTX1800 that I've ridden about 150 miles, now, and I feel far more comfortable on it. Its overall heft and handlebar configuration are much better for my size (6'2" 250#).

My first day out, I spent a few hours at Rick Roush in Cleveland with my other riding friends and looked at the VTXs, M109s, and Warriors, and immediately fell in love with the Warrior. I want something that is the 2-wheel equivalent of the Cobra. Obnoxious, torquey, great looker, and isn't a total pig for handling.

I'm looking to find a couple-year-old Warrior around here (Cleveland) with some miles on it that will put me in the 8-9k range.

Blew the better part of today just reading this forum and was happy to see the loads of great info. I'm a discussion forum veteran with about 10,000 posts split between a couple of discussion forums for Cobras, and will have to adapt to the rules quickly, here. [8D]

My main "hang" has one rule and one mantra... the rule is that anything goes, but everything doesn't, and the mantra is... "We don't like us, either..."

I'm hoping that within the next 2-6 weeks, I have some pictures of my new Warrior to show. In the mean-time, I'm going to be absorbing as much knowledge as I possibly can.

Glad to be here!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yeah the Warrior will suite you. Definitely a Hot Rod. Good luck with your search and Welcome to the Hood. BTW with only a few mods I dyno'd at 111lbs of torque.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Welcome a board and get ready for a great ride. The Warrior is a great bike and you want be dissappointed in it. Keep an eye out in the classifieds and e-bay. Also you may want to check with your local dealers and see if they have any left over 06's that you may get for around 9k to 10k. I paid 10,400 for mine in 06 so I'm sure there are some great deals out there.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Welcome! I found mine last year with 3600mi for $8000. '02 with plenty of extras! I'm sure you'll be able to find something in your range!

Just be careful, that rule and mantra might get you in trouble around here. There are some sensitive folk around these parts. Like it or not, we all must deal with the sensitive folk!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This may be against the rules to ask, but what is the "4M?"

Also, I don't plan on bringing the "other" rule and mantra over here... I will shift shapes as necessary.

Thanks for the kind welcome...I think I'm going to dive back into the tech talk, etc... and stay in learning mode for a while.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
4M... forum... wish I would have thought about it a second.

Yeah, I get the impression after doing a lot of reading that the rules are in place more for the purpose of preventing the real jerks from ruining the joint.

Even in my "no rules" forum we've had to send a few people packing.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
welcome to the forum. With your size, you may want to find a bike that has had forward controls added, or budget them in as one of your first mods, you'll be much happier.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
quote:Originally posted by coreshot

welcome to the forum. With your size, you may want to find a bike that has had forward controls added, or budget them in as one of your first mods, you'll be much happier.

Thanks, coreshot...you are probably right on. I know that on the Shadow I've been learning on, I feel cramped.

On sport bikes, I actually cramp... I say it's an ass cramp, but it's like the outside muscles on my hips...and it's instantaneous... I get it on snowmobiles, too. Goes away eventually, but it smarts at first.

On the Shadow, I don't cramp up, except for occasionally at a stoplight, but I just feel wadded up on the bike. And slow. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

I do like to spread out, and forward controls seem like a logical first mod.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts