RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unlike other Sunday morning rides along the Gulf coast a GXR whatever with a young skinny rider pulled up alongside while I was first in line at a red light. We nodded to each other but both wearing full face helmets did not speak. He checked out the Warrior pretty good & I thought it might be the first time he had seen one. Light went green and me not knowing if he was willing to run waited for him to nail it which he did then so did I. He pulled me by a bike length in first then about three lengths by the end of second where we both shut down. Crap I thought, what the **** am I doing running a sport bike? But it was fun and I wished I had another shot at him. We both gave each other a thumbs up and then lady luck was kind to me, another red light. I nodded to him then on the green I left big time---entirely to hard, had the rear wheel spinning all the way across the intersection and she started to go out from under me. I rolled out of it a little till she got a bite. I could hear his engine working its tail off and he evened up with me about half way through second and had me by a length going into third where I quit knowing he would be going away. Must have impressed the **** out of that lad as he kept nodding and gave me thums up three times in a row. I would have liked to talk to him but he headed off in another direction at the next light. Don't like to get beat but I figure his bike was 200 lbs lighter than mine and he had to be 75 lbs lighter than me. I think the Warrior did good. I gotta go practice my hole shots. Well---maybe after the Cup race today.

Later,
Churchkey

·
Registered
775 Posts
Hey! Isn't that a great feeling?
I was riding last night in Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, we where 4 guys with our wife's, Two of us have warriors, one HD Road king and A ninja ZX 1200 (THE BEAST).
At the intersection with Sunrise Ave, one HD with noticeable engine work, Double mikuni carbs, High Vel Stacks, 4 inches Primary, Ground pounders, ETC., ( $30 K invested) pull right next to us and keep revving the bike to show off and intimidate the warriors.
At the red light we pull next to each other.
Here is the guy giving me the evil eye and my wife telling me DONT<DONT>DONT . I could not resist and here we are, Drag racing a fully prep HD and My warrior with two people on it, I almost forgot, I just map and timing my New PCIII.
When the light went green the HD start to pull a little ahead (front wheel) and as I always do I touch the clutch to give more Rpm, WOWWWW!!! The warrior went on one wheel like a Super sport bike and Keep it up for 20 yards while I was passing the HD.
The warrior just kick ass all the way to the next light, By the way The HD just made a U turn and disappear.
My friends telling, did you see that? That was great!!, and My wife shouting at me, You almost lost me!!! you almost keel me!!.
Any way that was great, But "NO CIGAR" when we got home and we went to bed she just turn to the other side, There it goes my sex#@$%$#@. I will have to be a good boy today.
Everything comes with a price.
Alek5

·
Registered
298 Posts
I went out with a group of sport bikes last week. Various brands, but all 600's as far as I know. Anyway while we rode I never had one walk on me. Infact after the BAK I think that I could surprise most of them. Maybe just wishful thinking, but I was very impressed with the Warrior.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Alek5, You will remember that for quite awhile but that Harley guy will remember it all his life & the neat thing about it is HE CAN"T TELL ANYONE HE GOT BEAT BY AN ASIAN BIKE RUNNING TWO UP!!!!

As far as the other thing goes, I used to remember when I did not get it, now I remember when I do. Wait till you been married as long as me. **** my ol lady won't even ride with me anymore and she was good at it. She could go to sleep on a long run. I always thought she would fall off and take me with her but it never happened.

Later,
Churchkey

·
Registered
132 Posts
Alek5,Dude thats bad ass,nothing like smoking a harley with 2 on the bike,Sweet, tell me what map are u running in the PCIII? I have the PCIII myself and have not ever gotten the front wheel off the bike, Any help with this would help, and keep on smoking those harleys man, Iam getting a sticker made for my bike on the back fender that says HARLEY EATER, lol , later man

·
Registered
394 Posts
I ran against a sport bike the other night. He was eyeballing me and the Warrior. He Kept revving his bike, Some size suzuki, letting me know he was going to smoke my [email protected] Boy was he surprised when we took off and I kept up with him! He got down low and put the spurs to her, thinking I was going to be way behind! He did the double take when I was right behind him with my big smil'in face! We pulled up to the next light and he asked what I had done to that harley! HA! He was very surprised to learn I was riding a Yamaha! I love to give those young guys a little education!
Dsweer1

·
Registered
76 Posts
quote:Originally posted by FHC347

...Iam getting a sticker made for my bike on the back fender that says HARLEY EATER, lol , later man
Hey FHC, I like the sticker idea! Any idea of where I can get a couple of stickers made? I want one for my front fender that reads T1 3V0M. It reads MOVE IT in the rear view mirror of the cager in front of me!

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Hey FHC, I hope you don't plan on parking your Warrior unattended with a sticker like that on it. In my neighborhood, I would find mine upsidedown when I returned.

·
Registered
394 Posts
"Hey FHC, I hope you don't plan on parking your Warrior unattended with a sticker like that on it. In my neighborhood, I would find mine upsidedown when I returned."
Quote form sangathor.

I agree 100%! I wouldn't park it anywhere unattended!
Dsweer1

·
Registered
132 Posts
hi storm warrior, just check with a local company that does vinal cutting or sign painting, they should be able to hook u up , and far as the sticker on my bike, they better not let me catch them messing with my bike, or they will have a major problme on there hands, no my fault people have to spend tons of money on harleys to make em fast and my bike it fast from the factory LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts