RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved a letter from Yamaha in response to a BBB complaint I filed.
Yamaha indicated that they are not financial responsible for the delay or unusability of my motorcycle nor for a warranty.

Whada ya think about that!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I think they should have to give a Warranty for parts and labor not just parts. My 108 kit makes this a mute point. No way to get them to warranty that.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Buflow

I just recieved a letter from Yamaha in response to a BBB complaint I filed.
Yamaha indicated that they are not financial responsible for the delay or unusability of my motorcycle nor for a warranty.

Whada ya think about that!

Well, I think that sucks. But, they have a point, and it is this...

The financial burden of the bike lies between you and the lender, if you're still making payments. The insurance liabilities lie between you and the insurance co.

Do I agree with it? **** NO! Do I understand their position? Well, in a sick and twisted way, I guess so.

It would be cool if, in the future, automotive manufacturers (or any, for that matter) put in small print precisely what they responded to you with on the written contract of purchase. At least, then, it would be CRYSTAL CLEAR.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Buflow

I see what your saying but the lender didn't make my bike unusable. Yamaha did.

I hear ya. I think the probem comes when the seller assumes no further liability, other than that which is explicitly stated in a warranty - or other type of coverage document, once money changes hands. Which makes me wonder why those of us that financed through Yami Motor Credit can't get any further with this...

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
The only way to get them to pay for your Finance charges is if you get them under a lemon law clause. Then they owe you for all the finance charges and fees from day one. But then you owe them for the miles you rode.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
thats what continues to get me, the warranty. we are talking about who is liable or responsible for what and it is NOBODYS fault but the manufacturer of the bike for the situation all of us are in. tell me this doesnt sound WRONG, cause this is what they are saying....

"we are notifying you of a recall on the transmision of your warrior. we will replace the defective parts and put your bike back together at no cost to you. the procedure requires that we remove the motor and transmission from the bike, break them down completely, rebuild them and re-install them into the motorcycle. the process will take 2-3 days. there will be no warranty on the work"

i mean, i get more warranty on my headlight bulb than i do a WHOLE motor/tranny rebuild. and i'm stuck trusting some stranger in the shop to do a great job. its not as if i went out and held interviews, called refrences, and hired a guy i felt was qualified. instead i took the bike to the local dealer with only a hope Billy Bob knows to check the clearances of the new rings on my HC pistons, and hopefully isnt in a rush to get out friday evening to bang his girlfriend and forgets to lube, torque and lock-tite everythign correctly. Yamaha says they wont warranty things outof their control, but as far as i'm concerned, the dealer IS yamaha, and they should stand behind something as major as this.

the tank recall for example... pretty hard to do that wrong, and i could understand no warranty on that. were not removing a splinter here, were having open heart surgery. the problems might not show for some time dependign on the problem, and how much someone rides the bike. if not for those reasons, then for the sake of customer retention alone, Yamaha should show more concern

can i get an AMEN?!

my $0.02

·
Registered
639 Posts
quote:Originally posted by audio77

. . . its not as if i went out and held interviews, called refrences, and hired a guy i felt was qualified. instead i took the bike to the local dealer with only a hope Billy Bob knows to check the clearances of the new rings on my HC pistons, and hopefully isnt in a rush to get out friday evening to bang his girlfriend and forgets to lube, torque and lock-tite everythign correctly.
And your words reflect the reason my signature looks like it does and the reason I have raised SO MUCH CAIN about this recall.

I took some heat from some people because they thought I was attacking the techs. Nope, just re-read the above. You might get a great tech and a great dealer . . . or not. Fact is, Yamaha left it up to us to figure out.

Regarding warranties. If I'm not mistaken, there are two catagories for warranties, express and implied. While Yamaha makes no express warranty on their product beyond a certain point, there is an argument for what is implied by offering their motorcycle for sale.

A reasonable consumer would believe, based upon the fact the motorcycle is widely available for sale, that it would be safe to drive during the initial lifespan of the vehicle. Such IS NOT THE CASE, thus the recall. (Please spare me the "it's just to cover their a** remarks). It would have been far less expensive to handle this another way than to recall EVERY WARRIOR if the KNEW they were all UNAFFECTED.

okay, take deep breaths, say my secret word, huh,huh,huh,huh,. . . alright, I'll shut up now. [V]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts