RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when im sitting still in neutral and i go to put into first gear. i hear knocking noise as im trying to put it into first gear. i guess like grinding the gear. but to avoid that i have to push it fast into gear but it does sound like it hits hard. is that just how it is or what

·
Administrator
29,681 Posts
Its always hard to tell what the sound actually means when different people explain what they hear. If you properly adjust your clutch cable using the owners manual or the service manual instructions, you will minimize the clunk. That is most often all it is.

Bad_Info said:
when im sitting still in neutral and i go to put into first gear. i hear knocking noise as im trying to put it into first gear. i guess like grinding the gear. but to avoid that i have to push it fast into gear but it does sound like it hits hard. is that just how it is or what

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so maybe. when i pull the clutch its not going all the way out of gear. i havent been on it for a while. and the clutch does seem different to me all of the sudden. i even stalled it twice lol

·
Administrator
29,681 Posts
We've all been there brother! Maybe the cable isn't disengaging the clutch all the way. Plus when the Warrior sits awhile, the wet clutch gets a little sticky. Sometimes it takes a lot to break it free. Best defense is to ride often, but if you can't ride in winter then maybewhen you warm it up every couple weeksbe sure to use the clutch to jog the bike forward, then roll it back, you know, a couple times to work the clutch. Plus keep the ball-ends of the clutch cable lubed (I just use WD40 it works fine) so you don't stretch it out too much. All those big cubes need to get out on the road and run, right!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya its been like a month or so since i got on it. Seems like every time i dont ride for a month the bike seems different lol. Thanks guys

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Over the first few months you need to stay on top of the clutch cable. It will stretch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts