RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I purchased my bike with a Barons BAK and V&H Bigshots, but does not have a PCIII. I just checked my plugs and they are pretty black, but I do make alot of short trips to and from work so this could be some of the reason. I was going to adjust my ECU but not sure now with the plugs being dark.
Now for the BAK. I just recently figured out that the Barons BAK is not the choice of BAK's. Can someone clue me in as to what I'm missing? I pulled the tank on my bike to take a look at what I had. I have a mounting plate that has the coils located in it and also three other plug ins on it as well. I have the oval K&N's also.
I hear alot about the PR and Churchkys kit. I would like some advice as to what I should do with my bikes air kit. Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome! I'm guessing that you purchased your bike used. If so it sounds to me that you already have the bak installed. If that is the case you can return that back to barons for credit. Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
154 Posts
It shounds like you are missing a PCIII.
If you don't have a problem with the Barons BAK then it is OK.
Have fun, I know you will.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The Barons BAK has the advantage of hiding your coils, It's probably not worth the cost of getting a different BAK. Since you have the filters and everything already you could try to make your own stack elbows like the Churchkey kit (which I have, I like it), but then you wont be able to fit the coils under the tank on the Barons bracket. In your case, I'd just get a PCIII, do the perfect install, and download a few maps to try.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
well, let me tell you this. you don't have to do anything! save your $$ and get a PCIII. you can also just lower your ECU #s to run it a bit leaner, you can add velocity stacks to get more out of the BAK you already have. Only difference between the BAK you already have vs others is the v-stacks and filters. see this link for DIY ideas on velocity stacks.
http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37920

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just get the PCIII and do the perfect install, then have it dynotuned. The difference between the different BAK's is not enough to justify getting a different system than the one already installed.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Ditto what you ahve been told. The advantage to the barons is the coil relocation bracket. There is FAR more difference to be had by buying a pciii and getting a good tune, preferably from a dyno tuner.

JT

·
Registered
592 Posts
Im very pleased with the VBak. If money is an issue, check out what RaySDF250 did for a big air kit. OZZRIDER provided the link above. Good luck-

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
There's nothing wrong with the Barons BAK except that it's an overpriced copy of the DIY BAK. But if it came with the bike, I would keep it and maybe modify it as other's have suggested with the v-stacks or not. It's still better than stock. But first thing I would do is PC3.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Just about anything is better than stock and the barons BAK is already there and you own it. Get a PCIII and a custom map and call it good (at least for now)

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Yeah, get a pcIII. I had a DIY BAK, sold it to a member and put on a PR air kit. Every little bit helps IMO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts