RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why cant you get notification on certain forums? I would really like to seee this instead of constantly browsing and navigating to the forums and find the ones I am watching. Is this an SMTP server issue? If so, I can volunteer one of my SMTP servers to relay these notifications.

·
Registered
339 Posts
No you can't. As I understand it is a server space issue. You can only subscribe to ride club post. Contact Carknee for using your server. He is the man. I know other members would like this option.[8D]

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Don't count on it. We have plenty of dedicated server space, that's not the issue. We were just talking about his last week, but if you don't use the active topics, you probably missed it.

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39710

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
rifleman223, thanks for the offer.

The issue isn't with the SMTP mail server though. The issue is with the forum software.

Say you have email notifications enabled for an entire forum and 1,000 people subscribe to that forum. When any post, or reply, is made in the forum, the software will need to send all 1,000 emails out before the post is finally completed. In short, every post would take 30+ seconds to complete. The ride club section isn't as heavily posted to as the main areas of the site that is why that section has it enabled.

The next version of the site will have full email capabilities. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts