RS Warrior Forum banner

Now I'm bummed

1K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  redline9 
#1 ·
My Street Sweepers finally arrived today via UPS after an anxious twelve days. I got home, saw the box in the living room that my roommate had dragged in. I went and grabbed a pair of pliers and pulled the staples out of the box being careful not to wreck the box. Don't ask me why, I'm just a perfectionist. I opened the box, and took a good look at the pipes and hardware. Everything looks great.

Then reality set in. It's december and I can't do crap with these pipes. It won't be warm enough to comfortably install them for at least another 2 1/2 to 3 months. So I took the huge box and placed it in the basement on a shelf. I always avoid working out in the cold if I can avoid it, but I think if we have a nice 40 degree day I might fire up the propane heater and just get to work.

I know what some of you are thinking. 40 degrees sounds cold, but in the dead of winter in minnesota it's actually pretty nice. Not nice for riding, but acceptable to work in. But I still won't be able to ride until it gets warm. So here's my problem.

Do I take the first oppertunity that I get and install the pipes knowing that I won't be able to test them until it gets warm? Or should I wait to do the install until it's warm enough to test them out immediately after the install? I have a feeling I'll be bummed all over again if I can't test them out right away, but then again it will give me project for the boring winter months. I'm conflicted. dammit

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm planning some mods this winter also and in the same dilemma, maybe note quit

as called as Minnesota, but we'll be in the teen's and twenties. Anyhow, I'm putting

the propane heater in the shed and doings the mods. Something to due for the winter

and a reason to uncover her and check her out.

#5 ·
If you have a heat-able garage to work in its easier, but if you are working outside you need to install them now and suck-it-up for a ride, or before too long you'll have to wait until spring when your fingers won't stick to the frozen steel!

#6 ·
Do it when you have an open day. what happens if there is something missing?

that and i could not wait to do something like that for 4 months. if you have heat use it! Then dress warm and take her for a spin. if my heads were back i would still be riding.

i only bought this house because the garage had heat already.

#10 ·
When i was a bachelor the sportbike i was riding was kept in the living room over the winter months. Then you set a sign on the bike for parties that says " Topless only pics "

Interesting when your parents drop by unexpectingly. Brave the cold you can allways get warm!

#13 ·
Phhhht!!! I rode to work this morning about 33-34 miles in 28 degree weather. Get yer *** out there and install those pipes so you can GET SOME RESPECT.
(Set off a car alarm leaving the store today on my bike... man those Jug Huggers sound sweet.
)

#14 ·
Just get out there and put em on... At least fire it up and piss around with the neighbors, maybe warm your hands up with the exhaust then... Should be well worth the finger numbing hour of teeth chattering! Having said that, if you dont like em, well youll have all winter to find something else! but im an impatient SOB.. so what would i know

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.