RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man some of you guys think you are being ripped off on insurance but listen to this, i'm 18 looking to geta 2006 warrior, i did the whole online quote with progressive and it's 104 dollars a month! $1220 a year! thats rough now isn't it they really rip us young guys off don't they, if you have better experience with someone else in NC let me know about it i really want one of these bad boys but **** thats expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's for full coverage? Doesn't seem to ridiculous for an 18 year old. You could just get "plate" insurance, don't crash it and don't get it stolen.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
You may be a very resposible, mature, level-headed 18 year old, but take a look at some of your friends and imagine them in control of a 1700cc monster and I think you'll understand why rates are so high for you. It sucks that we all have to pay for the mistakes of others.

My girlfriend and I bought an R6 this summer for her. She's 31 and this is her first bike. I'm 39, have had several bikes and been riding for over 10 years, this time around. The R6 is my name and I can't ride it. They want over $2000 a year for me, and she's only paying $300 a year. All I have are a couple speeding tickets, it's not like I've had any DUI's or killed anyone recently. I pay about $300 a year on my Warrior, but because stats say a guy with a few tickets will get a few more and possible do some serious damage or personal injury on a sport bike, I'm paying the price for it.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Thats not too bad considering the accident rate for most young riders. I know there are many safe young riders out ther,butnot enought to offset the bad ones.

Welcome to the fourum, you and wimp00000.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Sangathor said:
You may be a very resposible, mature, level-headed 18 year old, but take a look at some of your friends and imagine them in control of a 1700cc monster and I think you'll understand why rates are so high for you. It sucks that we all have to pay for the mistakes of others.

My girlfriend and I bought an R6 this summer for her. She's 31 and this is her first bike. I'm 39, have had several bikes and been riding for over 10 years, this time around. The R6 is my name and I can't ride it. They want over $2000 a year for me, and she's only paying $300 a year. All I have are a couple speeding tickets, it's not like I've had any DUI's or killed anyone recently. I pay about $300 a year on my Warrior, but because stats say a guy with a few tickets will get a few more and possible do some serious damage or personal injury on a sport bike, I'm paying the price for it.

Please define recently?

·
Registered
361 Posts
It's unfortunate for you that the price is all about statistics. We all went through it

Try getting a quote from GEICO...

And be sure to compare apples to apples as differing options can affect the price.

Here is what I pay but of course I'm not anywhere near 18 anymore...

2007 YAMAHA XV1700PC

Coverage
Limit
Deductible
Premium

BODILY INJURY LIABILITY
$100,000/$300,000
N/A
$47.00

PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY
$50,000
N/A
$14.00

UNINSURED MOTORIST & UNDERINSURED MOTORIST
$30,000/$60,000
N/A
$93.00

COMPREHENSIVE
N/A
$500 DED.
$21.00

COLLISION
N/A
$500 DED.
$82.00

TOWING AND LABOR
N/A
N/A
$10.00

Cycle Total:
$267.00

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got my insurance policy from Progressive at 24 years old. I shopped around alot and they were by far the cheapest for me @ $36/month, with a no accidents/tickets. Other companies were wanting $1200 - $2500/year. I just turned 25 so I need to go get some quotes again. What is everyone else using?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
There's endless scenarios you could point to to show how unfare insurance can be but I agree with Sang, when you're 18 and looking for a bike likea Warrior youshould probablyexpect it's going to be pricey.I noticed that insuring motorcycles is vastly different then how they insure cars also. With motorcycles one company may put great emphasis on engine size while another puts more on style, exact modelaccident history, theftlikelihood,or overall worth and so on. Definitely shop around and look into advantages of being added to someone else's policy and different avenues like that. Good luck with the insurance and ride safe when you do get it.

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
state to state, area by area, they are all different. I am 32 years old. my 07 silverado 4x4 is 88 a month full coverage, my 97 monte carlo liability only is 46 a month, and my warrior is 31 a month full coverage all through state farm.. No tickets No DUI and I drive for a living...I think thats high myself, but I have a lot of friends with just two points and pay way higher premiums than I. I also live in the stix...that helps a lot....

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Pay for play homie! There's always a vstar650! Just get the warrior & live on ramon noodles, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I know how you feel. When I was 21 I bought a brand new Jeep Wrangler. The insurance was $250 a month. When I was 24 I bought a CBR600RR. The insurance on that was $160 a month. It was more than the payment on the bike. Keep in mind my driving record is completely clean

Your insurance rates will drop when you turn 25. We all had to suffer through high insurance premiums at that age. I'm 27 now and I pay $34 a month to insure the warrior through Allstate. It's very reasonable. Is the warrior going to be your first bike? I wouldn't reccommend it for a first time rider. It's a lot of motorcycle, and will get away from you easy if you don't know what your doing. I'd learn on something much smaller before your jump on this beast.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
My youngest (18) has a K7 GSXR1000. Geico sent an email response to the request for a rate quote that said:

"Your rate request will be more than $9999.00 per year. If you are interested in continuing this rate request please log back in and complete the registration"

He didn't even pay 10K for the bike brand new. So don't feel like you're alone on this one. Good Luck

·
Registered
692 Posts
Sean Donnchadha meechredjuagh (Infidel) said:
It's unfortunate for you that the price is all about statistics. We all went through it

Try getting a quote from GEICO...

And be sure to compare apples to apples as differing options can affect the price.

Here is what I pay but of course I'm not anywhere near 18 anymore...

2007 YAMAHA XV1700PC

Coverage
Limit
Deductible
Premium

BODILY INJURY LIABILITY
$100,000/$300,000
N/A
$47.00

PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY
$50,000
N/A
$14.00

UNINSURED MOTORIST & UNDERINSURED MOTORIST
$30,000/$60,000
N/A
$93.00

COMPREHENSIVE
N/A
$500 DED.
$21.00

COLLISION
N/A
$500 DED.
$82.00

TOWING AND LABOR
N/A
N/A
$10.00

Cycle Total:
$267.00
Man I need to call GEICO and ask them whats up, I've got the exact same bike and the exact same policy and live in CA, and they are basically bending me over based on what you are paying. No tickets, no DUI, no nuthin - guess the only thing working against me is limited experience?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've got a clean record and I'm 26 and I still pay $80 bucks a month. I really should shop around. I used to be able to "suspend" my payments during the winter months so that would decrease the overall yearly payment. It was nice because I still had full coverage on the bike while I wasn't riding it, but I only paid about $15 bucks a month. But that option was too good to last and now my insurance company (your in good hands with Allstate) has gone with a different motorcycle carrier. Go figure. But since I still have a loan on the machine I have to have full coverage all the time. After hearing some of your discussions though, I think I will definitely shop around.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Scoper50 said:
Your insurance rates will drop when you turn 25.

Has something change in the last couple of years or something with the 25 years drop? I turned 25 on the 18th and got a letter in the mail saying "Great news!! Your premium has dropped $4/month" for my auto insurance. I was so pissed when I read that.

I need to call to see if my motorcycle insurance went down.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My driving record isn't exactly perfect and I'm only going on 42 but my basic insurance on my paid for 04 runs $178.01 a year.

Yea for getting old......I guess????

·
Registered
670 Posts
I turned 25 two and a half years ago. My autoinsurance on my 03 Silveradodropped from $108 a month to $85 a month. Thats a savings of$276 a year.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts