RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a relatively new owner of an '02, I recently pulled the fuel tank and side air box to check the filters and run some accessory wiring. No big deal, right?

Well the bike is on one side of the garage while I'm on the other at the work bench, opening up the side air box. I look back at the now coffin-less bike. I look at the air box in front of me, then back at the coffin-less bike again...

I've seen plenty of pics of others' Warriors with the side air box removed, but they never had as much impact on me as seeing it removed from my own ride did. So now the under-tank air box is on the floor, and I'm planning out a DIY BAK. **** cat's out of the bag now... I wonder what it's going to scratch next?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Your wallet will be scratching your @ss every time you take it out,

Have fun & post up some pics of your progress!

Mike

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I did the same thing,,Dude its all we can do to keep the bike new to us.I just got new vbak ((church key)) haven't got the commander 3 yet to go with the new air,,Cleaned off the tail licence plate and turn signals,,New paint,foot pegs,Putting left side coil pack on,,last summer right side speed star scoop,,new tires((had to)) and theirs more.I'v had my 04 for a year now... Put the coffin back on and save yourself a lot of money,LOL,,,,,or get sucked into the ((Warrior void ))and love it like the rest of us. Have fun.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just go with the flow and do what you can when you can. Don't try to fight because you will lose. The mod bug is hight contagious but it feels so good.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I've found that whenever I am obsessing over purchasing another bike and scouring craigslist, ebay and cycletrader looking for that perfect street triple, R6, KLR650, roadking, or whatever (for which I have no garage space, insurance money, or downpayment
the only fix is to buy something for the Warrior - new chrome bits, V-BAK, whatever. That usually holds me over for a couple weeks. I tell ya it's exhausting.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Either he is up to the elbows in parts, he is ordering more parts, or he is enjoying the fruits of his labors. lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wyomingwarrior said:
you get your BAK done yet? If so... how and lets see them pics

Getting there. The stacks, filters, and LCV intake are taken care of:

To answer the "how"...

The stacks are those from within the OEM air box, installed in their original orientation, with the ubiquitous K&N RC1290 installed on each one. The port on the rear stack has been plumbed to the LCV's intake port.

All that remains for plumbing is to run a drip line for the rearcylinder's crank casevent, and to attach a breather or similar small filter to the AIS intake(leaving the AIS hooked up this round). Thought I had a suitable sheet of metal kicking around from which to make the coil & sensor relocation plate, but the darn thing is managing to avoid me.

BJINFIDEL said:
Either he is up to the elbows in parts, he is ordering more parts, or he is enjoying the fruits of his labors. lol

Ha... none of the above, unfortunately.

Side-tracked by life, a heated grip install, and a mild battery box mod to fit something similar to a SVR14 in there. Won't be enjoying the ride for another couple of months at least thanks to Mother Nature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts