RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am #2 on dealer's Warrior tranny fix list.#1 goes in for fix on Mon.Dealer has 12 Warriors on list.Informed by parts dept.that Orient Express cam kit is on backorder until @ least Mar.21.Anyone else rec'd similiar info? Rob @ OE what's going on with cam kits?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
We just sent a bunch of cores out to get "re-done" and they should be back somewhere in that time frame....as with everything else, the recall blew out our inventory of stuff we usually keep on the shelf for easy exchange. To try and keep up I bought a bunch of new Warrior cams from Yamaha as well as some from members on the board who put in Speedstar cams. That being said on or about 3/21 we shoud be in real good shape on cams and have enough of an inventory that hopefully this will be the last time we are EVER out of cams kits.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Does that me that I get a core charge back if I send you my old cams? I was told March 21 also, I'm really hoping that number is true.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
I am confused on teh price of the OE cams? How much is the core charge and how much is the total? Rob what is the difference between thte OE cams and the ones Yamaha is selling?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
We have a core charge but it is better called a core deposit. The Cam Kit is $925 plus a $300 core deposit. Once you have your work done and send back your cores we cut you a check for $300.

Now lets talk about differences:
Ours is sold kit, the S* is not.
Why? Each part of our kit plays a very important role in making the valvetrain bullet proof...the only way to assure that there are no weak links was to swap out just about all of the factory parts. Additionally our kits were the result of lots of serious R&D....we tried and tried to develop a drop in cam like the S* but were unsatisfied with the minimal power gains to be had with a simple drop in cam set.

The Speed Star cam set is $380 Orient Express' is $925...why the difference?
Well the Speed Star Cam is just that a cam ours is a entirly matched set, if you add all of the similar parts to the Orient set up you'll see that it's really not that much more especially for the power gains to be had.
S* CAm-$380
S* Springs-$240
S* pushrods-$75
Original Equipt lifters (read:junk)-$90
Total if you bought similar parts to what we offer from the factory $785.

So for $140 more you can a no-compromise cam kit, with, and I say this without ANY hesitation, more R&D time into it than every other company offering cams for the Warrior combind and the results are obvious on the street and the dyno. We've put in many hundreds of man hours, thousands of dyno pulls and countless generations of cam design/grind to get the cams we sell just right for you. Sure the lift is big and you have to clearance the cases a little, but it all goes back to what I said about being a "no-compromise" cam kit.

We pioneered the use of ceramic lifters in the Yamaha V-twin way back when everyone else was still trying to figure out ways to make the stock marginal lifters work without blowing up and trust me, we blew up plenty.

Here are some facts regarding the technology in our lifters:
These lifters will never wear out and can be used on any future cam or cam grind you get, you can even change the lobes they are on without any worries.
The surface that is in contact with the lobe on the cam is close to as hard as a diamond.
Even after 50K I've seen these lifters come out of bikes and pass for brand new.
The lifters start life out as a powered material that is put into a mold and heated to 4000 degrees for 16 days, all the while subject to 1500psi, talk about extreme!! Once they come out of the mold and cool only diamond tipped tools can machine and grind the lifters and even then the pricy tools wear out very quickly. The tip of the lifter is then polished to near mirror smoothness to assure the lowest co-efficient of friction possible as well as a lifetime of trouble free service.

Even if it made no more power (although they do) than the Speed Star(or any other cam) the sheer durability and engineering that go into our cams place them heads and sholders above the rest...all that and more power for just $140 seems cheap if you ask me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts