RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Im new to the warrior world as of this past saturday (June 30 2007) and my wife is part of the 2003 Honda Shadow world on the same day!. Yep, the cycle bug bit really hard at my house. Wife says "you buy one then don't come home, buy two and the garage is open". So here I'am! I test drove this BEAST the saturday before last and could not sleep for a week until if was in my garge. I bought a 2002 Indigo Warrior with BuB exhaust and a Power Commander III. Every thing else is stock to my knowledge except for the red bullet LED turns on the back. Here is a picture of my bike and my wifes as well. I know, I need MOD's but all in due time. I do have a couple of Q's and I hope its ok to ask on this thread so here it goes.
1. Do I have to do any special mod's to change from a 200mm rear tire to a 240mm rear? The bike currently has a 200mm rear.

2. Corbin Rumble, is it worth the $$$? My wife will be riding with me from time to time so I need to make it comfy for her as well.

3. How strong are the motors? I ask cause I think this bike was road hard and put away wet. There was rubber under the back fender when I bought it and the BuB's are starting to discolor. Is this typical of this type of exhaust? Love the sound of them but should I go with V & H Bigshots or something else. Well I guess I will have to go to a few WARRIOR Rallys soon. Is there any in Ohio this year?

I just want to say thanks for everyones time and replys.

Bo (mavrick)

Insert Image:

93.53KB

Insert Image:

86.99KB

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Welcome Mavrick. I've been beating the snot out of my Warrior for over 5 years now. It still runs like the day I rode it off the lot. These engines are bullet proof.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Bo Congrats on your new rides and welcome to the best **** forum on the web. The biggest you can go on a stock rim is 210. A lot of the guys here use the rumble for their Ladies, the looks of that seat never appealed to me. I used a mustang, which is the most comfortable seat I've ever had on a bike and I've had a few Corbin and other aftermarket seats.
Obviosly the previous owner liked to smoke the rear. Can't tell you a thing about the Bub's. But I'm sure some of the other brothers and sisters of this forum will sign in.

Insert Image:

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
welcome to the club and congrats on the bikes, i have the corbin touring seat with rear backrest and it works out great for two up riding however that is the only time you will see that seat on my bike as i like the look of my corbin young guns a lot better. is that armorall on those tires?? better be real careful if it is

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
1. You will need to get a 240 mod kit. Try the search on the site and you will find more info than you need.
2. I agree with jayridgerunner, the Mustang is the way to go for comfort for yourself and your wife when you are riding two up. In addition you will want to lower the passenger pegs, if that is not done already. Yamaha makes a peg relocation kit. Also if you read any posts about the Mustang seat not fitting the Warrior without modding the mounting brackets, ignore it, that only applies to '04s and higher.
3. I can't argue with sangathor, he always has good advice.

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you have a couple of nice bikes. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
1: The largest size that fits on the stocker in 210. To go larger, up to a 260, you would need to swap out your swingarm. Larger then 260, you would have to replace the rear fender and fender stays.

Look for a kit that includes what you need. The kits offered by Cycle Image are my favorite.

If you don't need chrome then look at this kit which includes the swingarm:
http://www.cycleimage.com/store/product.asp?PID=3978

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and the great advice. Yes, that is armorall on the tires. Once I posted the pics I thought, well that was stupid. Now everyone knows that MAV had a dumbA$$ attack. Thanks again everyone!!!!!!!!!

MAV

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Welcome to the mod madness mavrick, enjoy the new beast and don't worry about the engine, I've only ever read about a couple of engine failures on a Warrior in the last 4 years and they were because of a loss of oil, as Sangathor said, they are bullet proof.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Brit! WHERE did you get that exhaust? When mine grows up its wants to have fangs like that hangin from it. Sweet ride bro!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts