RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Warrior family!

If I will be changing the motor oil, do I still need to run the bike for 15min or can I just go straight to ghe oil change? (I won't be chucking for oil level, I just need to change the oil) do I still need to go through the oil level check process?

·
Registered
966 Posts
It's always a good idea to warm it up.and get the sludge into suspension so it drains away.
If you've never done it before, read up on the process. There are two drains, one can be difficult to get a wrench on the the other is easily confused with he tranny drain.
A 17mm box wrench and maybe a filter wrench is all you need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jrojas

·
Administrator
28,425 Posts
The first couple times maybe yes its handy to ride then check the oil level (see Yamaha video) before oil change. Plus is handy to know how much oil comes out, including the oil filter. It speaks to motor condition. Plus check the oil for grit (check oil filter separately to avoid contamination misunderstandings). With new filter o-ring oiled and installed by hand, begin the two-stage oil refill. When finished, warm the bike and check for leaks THEN follow the Yamaha video to check motor oil level. The video is linked in THE WELCOME MAT forum.

(y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts