RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm speaking to a person about purchasing a baron oil cooler kit. I cant find any info on the part number but was wondering if anyone could verify this will fit the warrior. Baron Ba 2625 RD

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My main concern is the sandwich plate

·
Registered
8,230 Posts
Looks like the 1600 Road Star kit.
I used the sandwich plate & the adaptor from it on my Warrior.
Don't know about mounting the cooler to the Warrior I used a different cooler.
IIRC the 1600 Road Stars used a steel frame you will probably need to fab
some bracketry to mount the cooler.
Good luck.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The seller emailed baron we're waiting for a response. Do you think $145 is reasonable?

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input fella's. I'll probably get it. Haven't heard a response from the seller but I'm not holding my breath on barons returning their email. Gonna wait till I get off work and order it.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went ahead and got it, should be here monday. won't be installing it for a couple more months. Another part to add to the pile.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the kit today and like everything I've done to this bike nothing is a simple bolt on. The kit is a complete bolt on out of the package all the brackets fit but my elite forward controls are exactly where the cooler bracket attaches to the engine mount.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The bracket was a nice piece of hardware, gonna look for some sort of clamp to bolt it to the frame.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that's most likely going to be what I do. Honestly I like the idea of it being up higher in general.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
So I realized the p clamps I was using to mount a cup holder to my handlebars were the perfect size for the downtubes. Little bit of hose and I'm good to go. Downtubes are approximately 1 1/4" or metric equivalent.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looking good. Coming together.
Thanks, I broke down and bought the actual jaggs oil cooler clamps. The p clamps would work fine but the perfectionist in me wants the cooler tucked in closer to the frame and even with the frame. Also bought a nice cover for the cooler for colder months.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Sometimes it pays to do it right the first time.............
^^^ +1
The Warrior doesn't have any shut-down interlock for No Oil or No oil pressure :mad: typical of most bikes.
My philosophy with critical add-on components has always been "Less is Better" and the reason I never added an Oil Pressure gauge ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts