RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Mobil 1 M1-110A Extended Performance Oil Filter fit our Warriors?
Has anyone actually tried it?
I know the Mobil 1 M1-110 fits our bike.

This one on Amazon is $10
Amazon Link

The K&N KN-303 used to be my go to but the price is up to $20 on Amazon, so I am looking for a reasonable alternative.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,487 Posts
Well, the 110 and 110A are physically identical except thicker metal and better filter media. The 110 is good for synthetic oil up to 15000 miles. The 110A goes 20000. Both are 3.5" long and M20x1.5 thread.

Your 2007 model Warrior uses a hexless oil filter union. So IF the 110 fit your Warrior then I expect the 110A will fit. But there's more.

In the last decade oil filter manufacturers redesigned face plates to use less material and to be flatter (less concave). In some cases, be it cars or bikes, an oil filter that fit before suddenly no longer worked. The face plate would bottom-out on the hex union before the filter's o-ring would seal against the motor. This happened with many many cars and bikes.

If a Warrior is affected, then the solution is to seek other filters or get an appropriate thin-hex-union. The best solution found is to do some machine work or:

I EXPECT YOUR 2007 IS FINE BECAUSE IT WAS MANUFACTURED WITH A HEXLESS UNION.

Over many years lots of us here cobbled-together accurate oil filter information. Not only physical fitment, but also oil filter bypass valve psi (needs to play well with the oil bypass valve inside the Warrior's motor). THAT PSI INFORMATION IS BECOMING VERY VERY HARD TO GET IN WRITING FROM MANUFACTURERS.

So the 110 and 110A will thread-on. It will fit in the available space. But nobody has been able to find written trusted proof of its internal bypass psi. This is a big cube high-psi motor. Most bikes have bypass systems with lower psi so they need a filter with lower psi bypass. On this bike if you use a lower psi oil filter then it will bypass sooner. Net result is the oil is almost never filtered. It bypasses due to filter bypass valve long before the motor internal bypass opens.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you arizonawarrior. This is super-helpful.

I did look up the threads related to the Bosch filter and the hex filter-union mod. Totally impressed with the research you and Rudy did and the solution you guys found for the 02-05 warriors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts