RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am not a happy camper right now. i got the bike back about 1 week ago and it immediately had an oil leak. so i washed it a couiple times and ran it for a week to make sure it wasn't left over oil sitting somewhere.

so yesterday i take it to the dealership since it is still leaking and have them look at it. it is dripping from underneed the main drive pully under the cover. tech pulls the cover off and says the seal for the shaft coming out must not have reseated properly.

they then inform me that the seal is not part of the recal kit and that they had to reuse the old one!!!!!!!! now this just makes my blood boil.

luckily they offered to overnight the part and fix it no charge, but the point of the matter here is the shop had the reuse a seal since it was not in the kit, or so they say.

so the bike will be in the shop all day friday so they can hopefully get this seal replaced.

so what i am getting at it is, keep an eye on that seal cause it sprays oil all over the belt and swingarm because its been reused.

end of rant, sorry

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Good info to know.

I'd be pi$$ed too BUT, your dealer is prolly not obliged to fix that for free. I'd say he is treating you right. The rest of us can learn by your misfortune and maybe provide for new seals when ours get done.

Thanks for posting this...
I just try and remember ... all of this will be in the mirrors soon and getting smaller.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Bladerunr

Good info to know.

I'd be pi$$ed too BUT, your dealer is prolly not obliged to fix that for free.
Why not? If you take it to the dealer and it's not leaking then it leaks when you pick it up, the dealer should take care of it.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Which seal are they referring to? The oil seal from the transfer gear case? That is a one that's supposed to be replaced per the service manual when the drive sproket case is removed. I'll check into a kit here and get back to you.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'd assume its the seal that goes around the shaft that the front drive pully is on. tech wasn't real clear.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
quote:Why not? If you take it to the dealer and it's not leaking then it leaks when you pick it up, the dealer should take care of it.

The Yamaha warranty on this recall covers parts only.

BTW I could not agree with you more, not all dealers will though.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I don't think Yamaha will make a big stink, since this is their recall and i bet the bike was not leaking oil prior to the work.

But please you guys keep posting all these problems, so all the rest of us can know what to expect and learn from all this.
I tell you what, i'll make sure my dealer is aware that my bike doesn't have any problems or any leaks before they start working on it and that i expect it back in the condition they receive it.[^]

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Yeah, my bike has managed as all of yours to keep the oil on the inside of the engine, etc. Since I like the rest of you don't spill oil when servicing the bike, it has no oil on it due to my action. A ziplock bag of dated digital photos tied to the handle bar will accompany my bike on that nebulous day of reckoning sometime in the future.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ended up getting it done in tacoma. i was getting tired of their crap and then all of a sudden they could fit me into their busy schedule. they fixed the leak, and all is dandy now. the new service manager is a nice enough guy i guess, just seems like too much of pleaser, all talk no action seems like.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes, i am going to be riding many many miles to no where, just because i can. well, bout time to saddle up and hit the sun. later boys

·
Registered
102 Posts
The bike should be fixed for free,I think its wrong that we should assume that if the bike leaks we should consider paying for it,even though the part was not in the kit bag.Look,the bike didn,t leak when it went in,it shouldn't leak when it's finished.I would hold the dealer resonsible,especially to whats truth and what is fiction.Before I even let the dealer touch my bike,I sat down with him for 60 mins to discuss possible problems down the road and what he would be willing to do for me.He gave me a 2 yr extended warranty for this recall and told me that any leakage would be covered at no cost to me.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hey Centerline, you should PM me before you take your bike in. I have learned and seen some things that I should make ya hip to.

Chasing oil since 2004,

Troy - Tire Killer

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
First of all, there are no good bike shops in DFW for Yamaha bikes.

1) Oil leak from the starter shaft (fixed myself).
2) Oil leak from ???? that will not go away.
3) The clutch cover is scratched all to ****.
4) My tool kit is missing since I got my bike back.
5) The ECU strap is missing.

They have letters from me and still haven't responded. [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!]
Aaaaaaaand, I'm still chasing oil

Troy

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
now thatsjust crap, i got lucky and my service manager took care of me without having to make a scene. hope you get everything taken care of, that really blows. best of luck bro.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts