RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

first of all. I'm too excited to search and so I ask you. I just received my Warrior. I'm doing a thorough inspection before starting the bike. When I opened the oil level check under the seat, the stick was wet with oil, but when I looked into the hole, I could look straight down to the bottom. The bike hasn't been started in 3 weeks. Is this normal or is there really no oil in the bike?

Xander

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
to check the oil, the bike must be totally warmed up. If it's been sitting awhile, then the oil will look real low, and may have drained down into the engine. Just make sure that after you've warmed up the bike, that you shut it off before you remove the dip stick.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
If u can see the bottom of the tank how can there be oil on the stick? Check it again you should be able to see the oil in the tank.Check the level on the stick ,it has full and low marks.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because I think they may have drained out the oil for shipping for some reason. Second of all, the bike was taken to the dealership to do the two recalls. It's why I'm affraid to start it.
In your opinions can I start the engine and turn it back off after 10 or so seconds to make sure if there's no oil?

Xander

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just went and bought 3 bottles of castrol motorcycle oil.

Thanks to all.......

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
quote:Originally posted by MD-82

I just went and bought 3 bottles of castrol motorcycle oil.

Thanks to all.......

A full oil change is 5 if your going to completely drain it and refill it to be sure....it will probably be about 4.5 if you don't change the filter. Be sure you drain both bolts, one for the engine and one for the oil tank.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
The engine needs to be warmed up and then let sit for several minutes to get an accurate reading. I warmed mine up once, let it sit for 2 minutes, and it appeared to be a quart low. I rode it 30 miles, let it sit for 10 minutes, and it was reading full on the dipstick. Do not add oil unless you're 100% sure it's low.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
quote:Originally posted by BHW

The engine needs to be warmed up and then let sit for several minutes to get an accurate reading. I warmed mine up once, let it sit for 2 minutes, and it appeared to be a quart low. I rode it 30 miles, let it sit for 10 minutes, and it was reading full on the dipstick. Do not add oil unless you're 100% sure it's low.

Heed this advice.[8D]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts