RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received approval from Yamaha to have the CPS Crank Postion Sensor recall done...But in the answer from Yamaha they also say that my bike (2006 Yamaha Warrior Midnight edition) has another recall that is outstanding and needs to be done namely the OIL PUMP recall.....
So what is the oil pump recall? I searched for it and cannot find anything about an OIL PUMP recall.

Japan have confirmed that we can do the crankshaft position sensor recall on this bike.

There is no camshaft position sensor recall applicable to this bike.

There is also an oil pump recall that needs to be done on this bike.

Pls take the bike to your nearest Yamaha dealer and advise them to contact me on this email address ([email protected]) and I will advise accordingly.

Cost of Both the recalls will be covered by Japan.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I heard about the problem of a failure of the oil pump drive and even met one review of this failure in our country, but only in relation to the series Roadstar.

With regard to the Warrior, I have not heard anything about such a problem. :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Me neither have not heard of an oil pump recall for the Warrior what so ever. Also when I bought my second Warrior and checked to see if the recalls were done since there were no markings on the bike, the dealership never mentioned an oil pump recall being done.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I googled around and can only find mention of a recall on normal Road Stars involving the replacement of the oil pump gear with a stronger oil pump gear. The Road Star Warriors dont seem to have had this issue....the oil pump of a warrior even looks a bit different to a normal road star oil pump
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right so I asked the guy at Yamaha Headoffice who is dealing with the issue what the Oil Pump Recall is all about and this is the answer he gave me:

I can only release the oil pump recall information to a Yamaha dealer.

All I can say is that the oil pump / related gaskets will be replaced. Thanks.

DHARAM MAHARAJ​
Technical Advisor
Yamaha Distributors – SA – Tuning Fork (PTY) LTD
‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑
Tel:
+27 11 259 7600
‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.yamaha.co.za

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems they made a mistake about the oil pump recall... they got mixed up with the 1600 for which there was apparently such a recall

·
Administrator
28,591 Posts
Who pays for it depends on the Country. Also we have seen a few cases where a bike was moved to a different country and the recall was not free unless the bike went back to the originating country. Uncertain how it works and why. But it appears Yamaha works hard to find all the bikes and fix them. It's a small world in some ways and a big world in other ways.

So there’s no time limit to get these recalls done ?

·
Registered
380 Posts
The principle of operation is the same, I agree. But these pumps have different drives. The oil pump in the middle gear has a shaft drive with teeth. The oil pump in the engine drive s by shaft with spline connection. And exactly it was the roadstar's series problem.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Here is how it looks like:

This is a photo of a Roadstar XV1600.
Obviously, with such a breakdown, there will be no oil pressure in the system. How to check it is indicated in the manual.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts