RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the dealer yesterday to show my wife my bike. We walked in, It was still in the showroom. I showed her the bike. She liked it. As she was looking at it though, she glanced over my shoulder and says calmly " Oh Hon, that black one behind you there is very pretty too." I smirked. "Pretty", only a woman would call a bike "Pretty". I spun around and looked at the bike she was calling "Pretty" to pacify her. When my eyes hit the bike, my knees went weak and I swear I lost my breath for a second. Right there, 10 feet behind me was a Midnight Black Warrior with Drag Bars(powder coated black) , Jug Huggers ( I think thats what he called the exhaust, powder coated black swept down 2 into 2 straight pipes. Very Sexy!) forward controls, rear light kit (no clutter in the back with side plate mount). And I swear, I said out loud " Oh my GOD, that thing IS "Pretty" LOL. I asked Josh (sales manager) to come out from behind the counter and talk about the black warrior. He said they just rolled it into the showroom that morning. Seems both bikes came in from Montana the same day last week but they put the blue one together first! Sigh!! What to do. I tried to control my excitement. He said that I could have either bike no problem. We talked about a PC3 and VBAK. Much to my surprise, he told me both bikes already had PC3's installed and mapped because of the pipes!! He's not sure if they are the new PC3's with better connectors that you all told me weather better. So, either way, a 240 kit and VBAK is all I need to get on the road!!! We also talked about the break in period sans the 240 kit. Josh said that he always recommends breaking a bike in stock. I mentioned the pipes and PC3. He backed down from his philosophy! My problem is, the blue bike or the black "pretty" bike? LOLOLOLOL! I HATE SHOWROOMS! Short of flipping a coin, I'm stuck! The Black one will cost me about $800 more because of all the powder coating. I want the swing arm and both rims powder coated black as well to finish the look!!! HELP!! The dealer is closed Sundays and Mondays, Sooooooooooooo, I gotta decide before Tuesday morning and go choose a bike!!

Ruckus

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,724 Posts
You haven't picked your bike up yet, its been a couple days!

http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/120292.aspx

I guess in Florida its no big deal because you can ride 24 months a year!!!

IMO always grab the woman who turns you on the most.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Arizona Warrior said:
You haven't picked your bike up yet, its been a couple days!

http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/120292.aspx

I guess in Florida its no big deal because you can ride 24 months a year!!!

IMO always grab the woman who turns you on the most.
No I haven't picked it up yet. Friday Josh was at a dealers meeting. So I went Saturday. That's when I saw the Black Warrior.I told Josh to give me the weekend to think about it. They open again on Tuesday. LOL. I'm leaning towards the Black I guess. Is the VBAK hard to install? Josh said they won't install it. Pouts. And yes, I can ride all year round in Florida! Noonie noonie noonie! Thanks for your response my friend! Ruckus

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK!! Black Warrior it is!! Gonna pay for it tuesday. Going away from Tampa to Rhide Island next week for 5 days, be back on the 20th. Pick it up when I get home! Found a neighbor that will help with the VBAK from churckkey! Pics soon after!!! Ruckus

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Ruckus said:
OK!! Black Warrior it is!! Gonna pay for it tuesday. Going away from Tampa to Rhide Island next week for 5 days, be back on the 20th. Pick it up when I get home! Found a neighbor that will help with the VBAK from churckkey! Pics soon after!!! Ruckus
Why not do the AIS block off at the same time?

·
Registered
861 Posts
its a win win situation for you man. The blue ones are awesome, but yet there is something about the all black. When I bought my onyx and indigo, I was lookin fora midnight. Still happy with mine though.

·
Vendor
943 Posts
Good choice. Would be fun to start out with a brand new ride. Givin the choice how you not go midnight. Guess I am partial but **** it is tuff to beat the midnight. Also all the powder coating gives you a good base to start out with.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
You def made the correct desicion (or is it decision) anyway. I dont know if Id call it pretty, but Id def call it SEXY! I bought my Warrior in the last week of june. 2 weeks later I go back to the dealer and theyve got a '08 Midnight sitting where my bike was. I almost fell to my knees crying. Ok alittle overexaggerated, but you get the point. Good Choice man, good choice. Hope to see it at Warrior Fest in April!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Paid for the bike today. I pick it up ready to ride on the 21st!!! Just gotta make sure it's mapped for break in. Made my appointment at the Dyno shop for custom map after break in!!! I need to put at least 500 miles before Dyno & custom mapping, so, I figure 8-10 hours ride!!! LOL. Goodbye money, hello open roads!! Ruckus

1 - 14 of 14 Posts