RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll get better pictures later, but am too tired to right now. Just drove 10 1/2 hours back from Pensacola, FLA to NC and unload this beastie... Going to be putting pipes, and intake, and PCIII on it tomorrow... I think. 2009 Harley Davidson Street Bob.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
angrysal said:
What did you do with warrior?
I traded that in on a couple of ATVs for my kids a little over a year ago and have been riding a gsx-r 750 ever since. Have put 11K miles on the gsx-r but am ready to start riding upright again. Harley caught my eye again and I figured now was a good time to give them a chance. First Harley I've ever owned. I hope it works out for me.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Sharp looking bike! **** far ride to buy a bike, did you get a better price there than what you could get close to home?

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JPWARRIOR said:
Sharp looking bike! **** far ride to buy a bike, did you get a better price there than what you could get close to home?
Thanks. I honestly didn't drive all the way to Florida to get the bike, though. (although some of my family members may be having trouble believing that) I was only going there to visit my grandmother and my sisters. I was about a mile from my grandmother's house when I saw a new Harley dealership they'd just put up. Just happened they had (two of) the exact bike I was wanting to get. I already had a $500 deposit on a '09 Street Bob at a local dealer. I stopped in the Florida dealership and when they told me they had 2 of those bikes, I asked them if they could work with me on the $500 deposit I already had down. They told me sorry but that they were independent from the NC shop. I walked out, disappointed that I'd have to wait another two weeks or so to get the bike I'd put the deposit down on. But my little sister wanted to go back to the Harley shop there in Florida to get a t-shirt for her husband (former Harley rider, really bad accident, doesn't currently ride but may get back into it). I figured while we were there getting the t-shirt that it couldn't hurt to ask them their out-the-door price on the bike I wanted. The two bikes they had both had alarm systems installed on them, a $345 option. The bike I had the deposit on was not going to have that. They didn't charge me the local taxes for the bike since I was going to take it to NC but I factored them into the price and when I added everything up it was very close but the bottom line was that even if I lost the $500 deposit completely, I'd still be paying about $170 less to get the bike right then and there with an alarm on it than I'd pay if I bought the bike in NC and had them add the alarm, plus they threw in a $100 gift certificate (I'm pretty sure that's a standard thing at any Harley dealer, but the local dealer hadn't mentioned it yet anyway), and they gave me about (literally) 10 tie-down straps so that I could be sure to get the bike safely secured in my truck for the trip home. I'm going to talk to the local dealer where I have the $500 deposit and see if they will work with me to let me use that as a store credit but if not then I still come out ahead plus I don't have to wait for the bike. And if they're rude to me then I'll give them a few suggestions of things that they could buy with that $500 to shove up their @sses.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Washingtonwarrior said:
did the concrete come with it?
Yeah... the Harley dealership told me I should carry that with me when I'm riding in case I ran up on any Warrior riders so that the Warrior riders would have a chance if we raced.
I KEED! I KEED!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
You are now banned for life from RSW.....unless you're willing to give me the Gixxer.......hahahahah....no seriously is looks great, congradulations.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I relly like the flat black paint on the new Harley's. My dealer had a flat black Night Train that I wanted to get but 18K is a lil to much.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
This is a sad day.

I bet that stack ofconcrete could out run any Harley.

I will look forward of getting a up and close look at it in my mirrors at WarriorFest

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mr Noize II said:
This is a sad day.

I bet that stack ofconcrete could out run any Harley.

I will look forward of getting a up and close look at it in my mirrors at WarriorFest
Awwww, look on the bright side of things. Now maybe you'll almost be able to keep up with me. Almost. Maybe.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
If you had to go Harley, I guess thats about the best looking one to get.

So, do they still come standard with a live-in mechanic or do they just send you to the Motorcycle Mechanics Institute?

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
First impression of my new Harley

BJMartin said:
If you had to go Harley, I guess thats about the best looking one to get.

So, do they still come standard with a live-in mechanic or do they just send you to the Motorcycle Mechanics Institute?
They gave me a $100 gift certificate and I spent $60 of it on the service manual for the bike.
I'm not saying I'm nervous about the bike... I'm just saying I wanna know how to work on it. I took it for a VERY brief ride today down the street I live on and back a couple of times. So far I have this to say about it: It's no Warrior. It's not as quick/fast and will not stop as quickly. It might hang with a Warrior if the right rider is on my bike and the wrong rider is on the Warrior. It's VERY comfortable. It's too quiet. But I have a set of exhaust pipes in the garage already to fix that "quiet" problem tomorrow. I love the look and suspect I'll love the sound tomorrow after some "tweaking." I'm pretty sure it's what I want for now.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Re: First impression of my new Harley

Isnt that Harley quite a bit smaller than the Warrior too, I dont mean engine size...I mean like wheel base and overall size.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Where is the chain? Most boat anchors come with chains free of charge. I'll bet EVERY link on it has the Harley Davidson emblem on it as well.

Just kidding! Congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Congrats on the bike. The Fatbob and Streetbob are 2 of my favorite Harley's and you picked the proper color as well.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts