RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there gonna be a warrior of the year and is it gonna be specific to people who are still participating in this web site ? I know I might be premature but seeing the WOM list grow each month got me thinking ! Oh and if there is I think it would be cool to have there pic on the home page somewhere , it would be pretty cool , just my opinion though!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I agree that is a great idea and not because I was one of the lucky ones to get voted WOM. There are a number of awesome Warriors out there with owners who dedicate their time, experience, and of course money to make them that way. Some have not been WOM yet but you can tell it won't be long.
As proud as we all are to be selected as Warrior of the Month by fellow forum members, being a Warrior of the Year would be .... well what can I say.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I'm kinda against the idea, but since I figure to be in the minority...

I think it should be between the winners of WOM, and it should be run as poll so more people will vote. (not sure if you can have that many choices in a poll)

Or...

Open to anyone who has posted in the last year (2003). Drop the 50 post minimum rule for WOY.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I agree with ezas, my vote would be to pick one of the Warriors of the 12 in 2003. Isn't that how Playboy does it. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

In all seriousness, I am in awe and amazed at some of the bikes in our gallery. The time, thought and patience to create some of these bikes deserves a little annual recognition.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Warrior of the Year. Talked about this before, but anyhoot. I would like to see it "Limited" to the 12 Warrior Rider's who previously Won "Warrior of the Month" That would make the selection process sooooooooooooooooo much easier and one of those folks deserve to be regonized above their peers ( the other 11 WOM).

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I am almost afraid to comment on this subject. But, I was already thinking about this before I won in october. Usually if there were going to be a contest such as this( each month), it wouldn't make much sense to have a BLANK of the year nominated from the rest of the group that wasn't selected. If that were the case, there shouldn't be a Blank of the month. I like the POLE idea. That sounds very do-able and easy.

·
Registered
814 Posts
WOTY from the 12 WOTM sounds like the way to go, if it happens. The guys that are already WOTM winners should be getting fresh pictures taken to highlight their bikes better before the weather gets bad. If this happens, I won't base my vote on who I may think is going to win, but will look at all the bikes again and better pictures are going to sway my vote. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
quote:Originally posted by G_Rock

WOTY from the 12 WOTM sounds like the way to go, if it happens. The guys that are already WOTM winners should be getting fresh pictures taken to highlight their bikes better before the weather gets bad. If this happens, I won't base my vote on who I may think is going to win, but will look at all the bikes again and better pictures are going to sway my vote. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

That's about the only way I'd be in favor of it.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Seems like the WOTY would have to be selected from one of the WOTM winners. Sort of like you've got to win the primary to be in the running for the big race. OK, maybe not the perfect analogy, but anyway.......

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
quote:Originally posted by G_Rock

Kinda getting a bit cold and the lighting kinda sucks this time of year in these parts, but I will try... I have been meaning to get some different, more updated pics in my gallery anyhow. But then agian, are you basing your vote on the quality of the picture, or the bike itself? It should be on the bike, shouldn't it? Some may not be able to take quality pics, but have very nice bikes...

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Is there any chance that a specific page could be set up where all 12 Warriors could be viewed together, perhaps with thumbnail pictures? That would make it a bit easier to compare bikes/mods done and so on?

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
WOY sounds ok to me and it can be chosen by a poll amongst the 12 WOM.

Brit,
I may be able to set this up.

CarKnee

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like the poll process seems to be a good idea , and yes updating the pics is good too. I know a few guys that have won have gotten rid of there bike, so its not really gonna be that hard even though the guys who are left and have won the WOM have almost an endless supply of money and absolutely nothing else to do "and I envy you all for it " they shoudl be rewarded for it maybe even like a 3rd place, 2nd place, and a 1st place. I may never make it but I'm trying !

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Jimbowman replaced EDB I believe.
BillH1943 sold his bike to another member too... who was that again?
The others are all still here I think.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
quote:Originally posted by 1warrior

I like the poll process seems to be a good idea , and yes updating the pics is good too. I know a few guys that have won have gotten rid of there bike, so its not really gonna be that hard even though the guys who are left and have won the WOM have almost an endless supply of money and absolutely nothing else to do "and I envy you all for it " they shoudl be rewarded for it maybe even like a 3rd place, 2nd place, and a 1st place. I may never make it but I'm trying !

To what extent should WOM's be rewarded. I've done alot to my former WOM entry for WOY - but my bike won't come in close to some of the others... I was just curious what 3rd place gets me? [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Perhaps the prizes could be trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place (cups or plaques or something). Just like you would get in a proper custom bike show, except this time the entries are voted for on-line by fellow owners as opposed to a panel of judges.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts