RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just registered today, looks like a great site. I am looking at buying a 2002 Indigo stock with vance and hines exhaust, 8500 kms (**** metric system here in Canada)- 5100 miles. I have a 2003 Honda VFR sport touring (25,000 kms- 15,000 miles) that I am considering trading for the warrior (plus 1,000.00). My question is, I am 6'6", can I make this bike fit me, what mods would you recommend and how much $$$ approx. I can move the bars forward, the main problem is the footpeg length. I see there is a 4" extention kit, any 6+ inches?
Thanks, I tried to research this but nothing hieght specific, I will need to make desicion in the next day or so.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sangathor

I believe Carknee, the site owner, is 6'7"

Everytime I see that pic it makes me smile. I've never seen the Warrior look so much like a little mini bike before.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I'm only 6'1" but am 270ish [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] and I added the phat's forward controls and love them. I also have a corbin seat and the yamaha TT bars. The great thing about the Warrior is it's ability to be suited to just about every need, tuely a great bike.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
It seems that most of the guys on here are very big, not many of us little guys. Nobody makes backward extensions! Welcome! I don't think that there is a more adaptable bike out there for anyone's height or weight. Get a Warrior, you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm 6'4" with a long inseam (36/3/emoticons/emotion-11.gif. I got a kit that allowed me to extend the factory pegs out 3". Made a big difference and I'm pretty happy where they are now. But there are kits that will allow you to extend by up to 5 or 6 inches too. Usually you can find the kits on eBay, that's where I got mine.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I'm 6'5" 235#, I installed the 3" extensions and would ride all day if I didn't have to work. I have alot of lower back/pinched nerves and riding the bike is better than my physical therapy! I also had my '02 seat redone by Crusteel45, that alone made riding so much better![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Buy it quick there aren't many indigo warriors out there, Yamaha had to stop making them because they were so much faster then the other colors.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome! Snatch that puppy up! Check my gallery!
I recommend Phats version of Legends forward controls, which my son has on his Indigo.
Perhaps a Stinger seat too. You can make it extremely comfortable.
It will feel much better than sitting on that fence! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts