RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
Long time no see. After bringing Yoshi back from Europe to North America last year I havent been very active around here. Been renovating my house and busy with work.

I should of been doing some travel for work this summer. Then The Rona happened and ya all that got cancelled. On the bright side I was able to get my house livable and 90% done! On the down side I didnt get to do any travel. I didnt have any personal travel plans for 2020. Figured between work and the house I would be busy.

Now I am ready for a break from the house but dont exactly have much money, renovation is freaking expensive. Sat down and took a good long look at my finances and decided to give it a go! First stop is Belleville, KS with my dad. There is a little dirt track there that is rather legendary. They used to hold the midget nationals but they moved due to the track being to fast. This weekend they have a huge sprint car race! Its a bit more than I wanted to spend but I have always wanted to go.

The plan is to travel until 1 of 3 things happen. Either I run out of money. I am still working remotely so work starts to slip. Lastly I have 2 online classes starting August 10, so I need to be able to keep up with them.

After the races this weekend I plan to head north into Nebraska, Wyoming and South Dakota. From there see how it all goes!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well dang it guys!

Things didnt go as planned, for like the millionth time this summer. Friday I drove to Belleville and just before the races started I had a phone call that a business deal I had been working on for a few weeks looked like a go, I really thought it was dead. So my dad and I enjoyed the races at the highbanks! I drove back Sunday and continued negotiations on my deal and looks like Friday everything will be finialized, I will let you guys know more on that at a later time.

I got a ton of pictures and short videos from the races I want to put into a little video. Havent had the time to do it yet. This evening I was loading up some metal to take to the scrappers tomorrow and had an old lawn mower that wouldnt roll anymore. Used Yoshi to pull it around so I could get it onto the trailer. I got some short video at that mess :) I dont see how I can attach just a short clip though, looks like it has to be loaded to Youtube.

I attached a photo from the races. Dont let it fool you it dont look like it is to steep but the track is banked the whole way round! they call it the fastest 1/2 mile in the world. They claim 18' of banking, meaning the outside of the track is 18' higher than the inside. I walked around it and I kind of doubt its 18' but it is at least 12'.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts