RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one more mod to go and I am done. My Baron Radius bars are due in 4-1 and when I get those on that is the last mod untill next winter. I have been spending more time working on it than riding and I am ready to ride. I just finished up a belt guard mod, a custom pulley cover if you want to look it in the gallery. For the next several month it will be cleaning and riding for me.
I have a question on the Radius Bars. Everything I read says to put a washer in the top of the triple tree. When I took off my stockers there was washers in there. Do I need another waser in addition to the ones that are allready there or are the ones I have all I need? Thanks for your help!!

Harley Jones

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Looking good, harley. I still have the stock bars, so I can't really help you there. I'm sure someone will. I just had mine out for the first time in 3 months yesterday (brief intermission from winter) It was 73 degrees yesteday. I took her out with the new propipe, pc3, and other cosmetic stuff, for the first time. I did my first rolling smoker of the season and it felt great. I forgot how nice it is to be stared at and given the thumbs up by people when I ride. The new pipe really gives it a nice deep rumble (I bought it slightly used, looks new, but already broken in so the tone is perfect) and makes it even more noticable when I roll up to a stop light and give it a little twist. It's the beasts way of saying, "hey look at me!"

It was a great ride, then the winds changed and blew across the freezing cold Lake Erie and the temp dropped a good 25 degrees in 5 minutes. I was caught about 15 miles away from my house wearing shorts, sweatshirt and a half helmet. Then of course it started to rain. It was a brisk ride home. When I got back the temp read 45 degrees! Today it's 36 degrees and raining, tomorrow, 32 and f'ing snow! Oh well, gotta love that Lake. Pretty soon, we will all be riding and let the mods wait for next winter. Except for you sorry bastards who live in permanent summerville who don't know when to do the mods, lol.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Get yourself a couple of new washers, thicker ones, with the same diameter as the stock ones. The Rad bars are 1 1/4 and the washer should be about one inch. The washer keeps the Rad bars from "bottoming out" in the tree, thus not taking advantage of the rubber bushings. When the washer is in place you should be able to "flex" the bras in the tree a bit, like the stock ones do. All in all one of the best mods to date, they look great!

Oh yes, use the lock washer supplied by Baron on the bottom of the tree, keeps things tight.... So flat washer on top and lock washer on bottom (fender side).

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
hey sangathor, the nice thing about riding home in the rain is when you get finished wipeing it down, its cleaner than when you left. isint it nice to be done with your mods? except for a sissy bar & maybe some hard bags im done too

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Sang,
You're not kidding about those of us who live in the South having to figure out when to do our mods. The trick is to own at least two bikes. If one is in the middle of a project, the other gets ridden.
Tom H.
Boynton Beach, FL
where being able to ride all year helps us deal with the hot,sweaty,muggy,clammy Florida summers.
02 warrior
02 suzuki vstrom (DL1000)
98 bmw r1200c

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Looks great Harley, Gotta love those free mods. Lots better than making chips all day just to throw your finished piece in the scrap pile cause it turned out like crap & you feel like crap & kick the chit out of the dog & rag at the ol lady just to make your self feel better.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Church,
I hear you man!! I have been there several times.

I have always liked to modify the factory pieces to my taste.
I don't get much of a thrill just bolting on a piece of chrome that is the same as everyone else has. I call them cookie cutter pieces.
I feel you can make a good looking machine by spending time in the shop on factory pieces instead of spending a ton of money at the vendors. I don't think there is a bracket on my Warrior that has not been re-worked to clean it up. This goes back to my street rod days when I didn't have much money to spend so I would get junk yard parts, clean off the greese, modify them and make them work. ****, I am off on a rant here!

And, I am not putting anyone down that bolts on the chrome goodies. I am just talking about myself.

Harley Jones

1 - 11 of 11 Posts