RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,Wow, I finally have a Warrior!! I have just spent the last many years riding H-D's and currently own a custom pro street, as well as the Warrior. I wanted a bike that I could go for a week long ride and not have to worry every time I went to start it!! I just got my '02 last week, and have put 653 miles on it last weekend!! No problems at all, and a absolute JOY to ride in the twisties!! It runs every bit as well as my custom with a 113 super sidewinder! But, the Warrior also turnes and stops!! And the most imporant thing is.... It starts up EVERY time!! I am VERY pleased with the bike!! Thanks to all of you for all the info. that I read before my purchase.The only thing that I noticed was, when I chop the throdell it pops quite a bit, and when gassing it hard in between shifts, it will pop as well. Any advise?? One more thing: Does the starter always turn kind of slow? Thanks in advance for the help, Big-E.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome BIG-E I think before any one can answer you'r tech questions we need to what mods you have on your scooter.Orr is it stock. I can say my starter is not slow cranking. I think mabe a weel battery
Best of luck and remember "Keep the stickey side down"

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Welcome the world of the Warrior Big-E. Not sure about the slow start problem that you have as 'slow' is only a relative term, slow when compared to your HDs & Custom? Mine cranks over well and normally fires within a second or two of pressing the button.

I have a PCIII with Map, Big Air Kit & have blocked off my AIS and it still backfires from time to time.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on getting a Warrior. The stock battery is a bit anemic. After putting in 10.5 pistons it was a bit of a slow starter. I put in a SVR 14 and it has been fine. There are a # of posts on the Battery subject. Here is one on this battery.
http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25930&SearchTerms=SVR14,

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
The warrior does turn over a bit slow but once she's cranked theres nothing slow about her.

My advice: Keep a battery tender on when you're not riding. These batteries ain't cheap. ($200.00 range)YIKES! I'm not very technical either but frrom what I read on here it takes alot to turn the 102 cubic inch beheemoth over.

The occasional backfire is normal and varies depending on temperature outside, type of pipe, altitude etc...AIS (air induction system) blockoff seems to help accordding to some but others think it's just as bad afterwards. Personally I like the sound of it snapping a popping when I let off the throttle.

Almost forgot....Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Battery svr14 if your battery is old it's cheap insurance. A little popping is ok once in a while, nature of the beast kinda thing and if you dont have the throttle closed all the way on deceleration you can make is pop at will. Excessive popping can be a lean condition witch is not good . A quick look at the plugs can let you know if it;s running lean or not.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts