RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded my '03' "streak" in on an '02' warrior. It had over 43,000 miles and I thought I needed a different ride. I really haven't even had a good look at the bike. I hauled it to the middle of Iowa a couple weeks ago and the weather hasn't been cooperating. I was storing it at a friend's shop until it warmed up and I found out that it needed three of the recalls still. It was suppose to be taken up to a Yamaha dealer today so I'll stop in tomorrow and see if it's there. I just read somewhere about a person who took his bike in for the recalls and he said it took them months. I just hope that was because it was during riding season and not because it took that long to get parts. I think I would loose my mind if I couldn't ride for months. I am so excited about riding this bike. Will some one be so kind as to tell me were on the bike they put the owners manual if it still has one? Thanks

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
The owners manual does no store on the bike. But I think you can download one from yamahas website. The meanie is a great bike, but I think you will like the warrior better.

Welcome to the 4m.

·
Registered
456 Posts
If you are getting the trans recall, this would be a real good time to evalate installing a 108kit or speedstar kit. Also search for the "roadstar 5th gear mod". This will allow lower RPM's at highway speeds.

This is the perfect time for those as the shop already has to take the motor completly apart and can save you some labor $.

Many here would consider the non-recalled 02 and 03's a good find for the reasons above.

Oh and by the way. welcome!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I don't have it. 06 did not have the recall. I am sure others will pipe in on the topic soon.

Here is a old thread on the subject...
http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14583

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
You'll find free, downloadable Warrior manuals here.
http://www.paulmilner.com/yamaha/handbuch/handbuch.htm

Welcome to the Warrior world and the forum.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Welcome and congrats. Engine and trans mods will only cost parts I believe. They have to open the case to do the trans mod. But only the trans mod if I'm correct? The guys that were able to do this will I'm sure chime in.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Welcome and congrats! Just start doing searches for just about anything you can think of and somebody will have info, etc. Enjoy/ when it gets warm!

·
Registered
12 Posts
welcome! i just got here myself, and i'm amazed at the communication and the help here.
mine was the bike in the shop for 'months'. it was a combination of recalls and the dealer being unable to determine the cause of the engine light and 'code 37'. after the hostage situation ended, the light and code came back within a week. this time, i took it to a private repair company, and the problem was remedied within a week. i haven't gotten much ride-time since its return, but no lights or codes in about 120 miles so far...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts