RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carknee - I know this has come up before, but I am not sure what the resolution was. I know it's set up to only show you the active topics since the last visit, but with all the new members and MULTIPLE page posts, is it possible to also have the thread start with only the new posts. Obviously, we would have the ability to go to the older posts- say if someone edits them - but only if we requested it. Wading through the pages and pages an pages of posts just to find the new ones. The way it is now, we have to practically memorize the last page that had new posts on it for every single multi page thread. It's nearly impossible and doubles the time needed to get through the pages.

Just a thought.

Thanks, and keep up the great work.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I tried to do something like this in the past, but it ended up filling up the cookies that this site uses, hence forcing everyone to delete their cookies in order to stay logged in to the site.

I will see what the Forum software people say to this.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Maybe this is off the subject, but having the original date posted under the person that started the topic. That way we can sorta, kinda filter topics we want to read! Hope this is understandable.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
quote:What would really be a help is for the people to search for previous post, or at least put the post in the right forum.

Amen[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

I'm no IT pro, but seems to me the more demand you place on the server, the slower and more unstable it becomes. Site's been working great for awhile now (thanks Carknee). Hate to see us try and "fix" it. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts